I was brave!

Drazic<3

You got the love <3
Reaction score
And I had my implant removed today. It wasn't the gore and agony I expected. Uncomfortable, but not killer.

Got me mooncup and I'm chemical birth control free. Feels great :D

:happydance:

Yay that's great! Can't wait to come off the pill but not too keen on condoms so not sure what to do. Dh would never agree to not using anything and taking a chance!

Thanks girls. I needed that! The lady gave me the implant to take home :rofl: I showed OH to let him know EXACTLY WHAT WE GO THROUGH with all this malarky!
It wasn't that bad actually, and I would recommend it as a form of contraception, especially if your going to Uni or something and don't want any surpises! Been looking at natural contraception now, just need to work out exactly how the heck to start charting!

:)

Thanks girls. I needed that! The lady gave me the implant to take home :rofl: I showed OH to let him know EXACTLY WHAT WE GO THROUGH with all this malarky!
It wasn't that bad actually, and I would recommend it as a form of contraception, especially if your going to Uni or something and don't want any surpises! Been looking at natural contraception now, just need to work out exactly how the heck to start charting!

if you sign up to fertility friend, I believe they have like a charting course you can do, then send you emails i think each day telling you about charting :)

Have you thought about a Persona or Clearblue Monitor hun?

xxx

if you sign up to fertility friend, I believe they have like a charting course you can do, then send you emails i think each day telling you about charting :)

I'm going through those at the moment, they're really helpful. :)

Thanks girls. See? You all rock, and are much better at this craziness than me!

Without trying to be TMI - I started my 'period' (though with the implant its very random and sporadic) three days ago. Would I consider this an actual period, or should I wait until this stops and I have another period next month?

Honestly, I have about a million questions. :D

I'm certainly no expert but if it was me I would probably wait until your next one, as that should be a 'true' period (ie as a result of your natural oestrogen/progesterone cycle, not a chemically induced one). Not 100% sure on that though.

I know what it's like, I'd be wanting to start now - it's like, I really want to start filling in my FF data but I've at least 2 months till I stop the pill, it's so frustrating. :D

Thanks hun, I really appreciate your reply. Typical my body didn't wait a little longer, then I might of got away with it :rofl:
Are you exciting about coming off the pill?

I agree with elhaym, I would wait for your next bleed and class that as your period rather than this hormone induced bleed.

I can't wait to start charting, I have my BBT ready, I plan on charting from when I get my pill induced bleed just so I can see if I ovulate and check my luteal phase, just so I can compair with my first proper cycle from when I get my first proper period in however many weeks that might be!

It is exciting reading your posts regarding TTC as we are on very similar paths

I stop birth control next week and start TTC in december hehe

Thanks hun, I really appreciate your reply. Typical my body didn't wait a little longer, then I might of got away with it :rofl:
Are you exciting about coming off the pill?

Oh yes! I'm a bit apprehensive too, as I've been on it since I was 16 so I've no idea what will happen - I used to get really terrible pains and heavy periods so I'm praying it won't be as bad as that!

buttonnose - I think I'll be around Dec too - want to wait 2 or 3 cycles after my pill finishes in Sept just to see what my body is doing naturally, plus start the folic acid etc. Probably going the NTNP route first and try not to get too bogged down with the charts/temps (easier said than done I think :laugh2: ) Do want to chart my periods though as I've literally no idea of my cycle length or anything.

Good luck girls :)

Drazic<3, I had my implant removed in May, and like you I had a withdrawal bleed almost immediately. I had a 30 day cycle then until next AF and this cycle was 29 days. Hopefully it will continue that way but just wanted to let you know, I know everyone is different but fingers crossed your cycle will settle down quickly like mine has. :thumbup:

so exciting, it seems like there are ALOT of us TTC in december, lets hope we all get some BFP's together also!

I have been on the pill since i was 14 for endo, I am so scared of the pain again! but on the other hand I will just keep telling myself that with each months pain I am 1 step closer to baby!

:happydance: hubby is allowing us to use some OPKs to know when we can not use condoms, but we're only not using them between ovulation and my period and then using withdrawal (although if I had the choice I'd go for the whole thing as soon as I knew that ovulation had been and gone!!)

Good luck finding something that works for you xx

Mine dident hurt that bad considering there was a piece of skin that had grown around it. I had by blood pressure taken right after and she was gobsmacked it was normal.
Id wait till your next period and go from that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->