I was right to be worried... :(

nabo86

Mam
Reaction score
I'll start at the beginning...

36+3 - asked MW to check position after antenatal class, she wasn't 100% so got another MW to double check - they came to the conclusion together that baby was head down

36+4 - was at hospital to see consultant as when I was born I had 4 kidneys, I had surgery as a baby so I'm fine now but still need to be under their care, I was seen by a student and a junior doctor, they both had a feel and said I was head down 3/5 engaged, they told me I need to avoid an emergency c-section as they are not sure what they would find if they open me up (scar tissue etc)

37+1 - had a MW appointment, she questioned if baby was breech, when she read the notes from the hospital she changed her mind and said baby was head down 2/5 engaged

anyway, just asking the question had me stressing all week so the next week I rang up the MW unit and asked if they would see me again...

38+1 - MW checked and said she thinks head down 3/5 engaged but wasn't 100%, she booked me in for a scan at the hospital just to confirm

38+6 (today) - sonographer had a feel and within seconds said baby was breech - she did the scan and sure enough head is well and truly up and definitely not engaged!

Its too late for them to try and turn her round now and the hospital don't want to do anything that might result in an emergency c-section so they've booked me in for a section on Tuesday, I'll be 39+5

I'm absolutely devastated and scared that I have to have a section, but at least its planned so my consultant at the hospital will be present.

I'm just so relieved that I doubted the position - even though 5 different people told me baby was head down in the space of a week I was still worried about things

thanks for reading, i feel better even just writing everything down!

That's why my doc doesn't guess, she had me go in to have a scan 2 times now to check position

I'm sorry Hun, our instincts are usually right. I hope you recover quickly rom your section,
Having your new bundle of joy will hopefully take way some of the discomfort. Please update when baby is here! :) xx

Aw hun, sounds like you've been through the mill the last few weeks.

Hope everything goes well with the section. Let us know when baby is here! Xx

Aw man that sounds so frustrating! Any chance baby will flip?

It's been known to happen that late, don't lose hope, have you tried any of the excercises to get baby to flip? Fingers crossed for you, x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->