I wish my boys had obsessions!!

Pearls18

Reaction score
Am I the only one with kids who like a bit of everything but don't obsess about one thing??? Anyone know what I mean?! He likes a bit of Star Wars and marvel, but isn't really interested enough to learn more about the stories/characters etc so is somewhat limited in how much he enjoys the toys if I'm making any sense?!

My daughter loves youtube and minecraft, like loves but isn't interested in lego sets of it or anything... other than that, she likes barbies (but has loads) and likes to pretend play with the other kids I look after.. I'm lost for gift ideas for her because of it.

Same. My eight year old likes things. He just doesn't have anything that he "must" have. Like he will play on a games console but he is happy for you to buy him any game and offer it to him. Same with toys and books. He tends to follow my lead. He only really gets excited about playmobil. My house is full of the stuff. How old is your boy ?! I have found the best toys are the open ended type. My two year old is getting a huge wooden rainbow for Christmas.

Attachments

• grimms-rainbow-stacker.png
    grimms-rainbow-stacker.png
    355 KB · Views: 8
My oldest (7) is like that, spent birthday money on Lego and he cant be bothered to complete the sets, but was sooooo keen to get them! :dohh: I think he likes themes more than specific brands etc, he loves robots and mechanics, and outdoors stuff (fossils, nature walks). Hes getting an electronics set and Robot Wars figures for Xmas (via eBay, for him and Daddy to have fun with!), as well as a couple of books I know he will like :flower:

My son is the same. The only things he truly loves are vehicles but there are only so many cars and trucks I can buy :dohh:

None of mine are obsessed with anything. They are all getting bits of everything.

I struggle with my daughter too. She doesn't really play with toys and isn't really into anything so it's difficult to come up with ideas!

Ours occasionally gets obsessed with things but for so little time that it's not worth getting much of it! :dohh: we end up buying random bits and hoping for the best!

Rhi rhi , we have that rainbow too! Have it stashed for Christmas! Meant to be great.

My 8 year old boy is the opposite, he gets obsessed with everything so quickly, at the minute he is obsessed with pokemon, fnaf, wrestling, football cards, pop, I could keep going on there is tons lol

I wish!
My son has made me write him a christmas list, he even made up toys to go on it! When I told him I don't think that exists he said "but remember Father Christmas can make anything in his workshop."
Oh dear, lol.

Ds2 never used to have anything he was really into. Now he does and it isn't any easier. He is 90% sports and there's only so much you can buy related to his sports without it being boring. Its like football. He has enough kits and clothing and accessories. He doesn't need any new boots or pads, he has so much merchandise and signed pictures. He has footballs coming out of his ears. He is getting the new fifa game and I've found some story books for his age about football but there's nothing exciting left. His team is at the other end of the country so tickets wouldn't just be tickets. They'd be £100 train fair and £80 hotel room plus food for 2 days and with his dad waiting for an op I can't guarantee we'd be able to get him there.
And when I ask what he wants he says "surprises"

I wish!
My son has made me write him a christmas list, he even made up toys to go on it! When I told him I don't think that exists he said "but remember Father Christmas can make anything in his workshop."
Oh dear, lol.

This is true. But, sometimes he runs out of certain toys before he gets to your house, or he thinks of things he thinks you'd like better, so in those cases he gives you a surprise.
I've been using this for years with much success :thumbup:

I struggle with my daughter too. She doesn't really play with toys and isn't really into anything so it's difficult to come up with ideas!

Holly needs her own park! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->