I wish my first born knew how to... Before #2!

Jezzielin

Reaction score
If you could teach your first child something before #2 comes, what would it be???

I have a little time off before my second child comes and was thinking of working on potty training/alphabet. She is so bright, curious and loves mimicking/learning new things. I'd love to try some things with her. She knows a couple signs too for wanting more food and such, maybe some baby signs?

What would you have liked you first one to lern before getting busy busy with baby #2?

Mine are a little older, but I was just thinking we'd start a new laundry system - and all my boys will learn to wash & dry their own clothes...then they can fold/put away their clothes! LOL
My life currently revolves around a large, never ending pile of laundry- some clean, some dirty. Lately, I have been making the kids fold and put away and it's been a huge help. Now, we have shelves put in the laundry room I think I will assign each child a hamper where they'll put their own clothes and teach them to sort, use the washing machine and the dryer. Then I'll just have mine & DH's, the towels and linens, my little girl's & baby's and cloth diapers - sounds doable :)

I wish ds was potty trained and could mostly dress himself.
Xx

Hoping dd will be potty trained. Ds will be off to school 2 weeks before I am due but I am hoping he is better at getting himself dressed and outside clothes on to make school time easier in he morning and hoping dd is slightly more independent as that would be a life saver for when baby is born

I'm hoping my girl will be potty trained and in her big bed before the baby comes. Other than that, nothing specific. I've found that things like the alphabet, counting, shapes and colours she's just sort of picked up on her own without specific teaching, so I wouldn't stress too much if she doesn't seem to be ready yet.

I am Really really hoping he can mostly sleep through the night so I dont have to get up with two (he will only be 11 months and doesnt sleep well yet)

We've just coem through potty training smoothly thank goodness.
It would be great if DD could dress and undress herself but I think it's a bit much to ask just yet! She won't even take her own shoes off though!

I wish my 1st was potty trained and could dress herself :haha: of course she isn't there yet.

DD Will be 2.4 when DS arrives, and I would love to get through potty training. Shes a very smart girl. I started at 18 months when I thought she was ready, and she's only just turned 2 now, it started off SO well and we had lots of dry days, but then we needed to move to the inlaws as our house is being done out ready for new baby, and obviously she's not in her own environment being up here and using the potty went out the window! Hoping now being due in June, the break in the weather and being back at home will give me the chance to do it before DS arrives!

I wish my ds would be potty trained and could talk in sentences! But we have a looong way to go!

I hope we can get her potty trained, she hates it! The other aim was to get her to sleep without her dummy which we tackled a month or so ago and it went very well thankfully :)

Mine was potty training and getting rid of his dummy. Luckily managed to do both :thumbup: id like to teach him to clean his own room up :thumbup:

Mine is older... almost six. I only wish he could drive himself to school :haha

My eldest maybe to dress himself. He can do trousers although there sometimes back to front but seems to struggle with tops.
My second would be to sleep through the night! 14 months and not one full night yet

Hoping DD will be potty trained by the time #2 arrives, she'll be 3 in December and i'm due in September so fc we can crack it by then! So far she hasn't shown any real signs of readiness though and refuses to wear knickers or go on the potty or toilet so it may take a while...

He's only one & his speech is behind so I really wish he could communicate better before baby #1 comes along. I'm worried having the baby will make him frustrated when we don't understand him, at the moment we have all the time in the world to listen!

I wish my toddler and preschooler could get along a bit better! :haha: I have visions of being stuck BF on the sofa and them across the room yelling and trying to punch each other LOL.

I wish she was interested in potty learning so we could get going on that...

My son is nearly 4 and STILL poos in a nappy. I have tried everything but he just won't go on the toilet. He has twice but that was by pure luck. He keeps telling me that he'll do it when he's 4.
I can only dream!

He's been dry day and night since before he was 3!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->