I wonder if you would be willing to help me with some research for my novel.

Annanan

Reaction score
I need Some help with a novel i am writing?
In this novel my main character gets his girlfriend pregnant they are both 16/17. As i was much older and happily married when my kids came along. i am trying to get feel for what they would experience. i.e how school, friends family etc handle the situation Are there special considerations for teens to worry about. In labour are teens treated differently to adults. Any ideas would be usful.
Wendy

Lol Friends and family are shocked/upset to begin with...but then get the excited way they would if an older lady said they were pregnant you know..the initial shock is easily forgotten! As for being treated diffrently...in hospital I had an epidural..therefore couldnt walk! I asked the midwife to change Kaidens nappy literally 5 hours after a caesaerean section and was told "Look youll really have to start caring for him yourself he is yours!!" :| I couldnt move from epidural and plus cut from hip to hip!! cheeky cow lol and she never said a word to any of the older ladies on the ward!

im a little older (only 20 though) my family was pleased for me as i had been in a relationship a while. was still a shock though.
can't comment on the labour and being treated differently as i havn't given birth yet. if i dont get tret equally and as i should they will know about it though.
sorry im not much help really am i haha
good luck with the book
xxx

thanks all. that is really helpful.

I know what you mean Kadensmummy. I have had c-sections with all 3 of my kids, the last one last year, the midwives actually forgot that i had had one and were expecting me to be up and doing things like getting breakfast for myself. until the sister suddenly remembered that i couldn't move.

I am 17 an my little boy is 8 weeks old. i was 16 when i give birth to my baby, i would be happy to help xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->