I would like you all to meet Aeron...

sarahjanek88

Reaction score
Well, finally after being 12 days over due I went into labour by myself (thank god!) before I had to be induced, and finally Aeron made his entrance into the world! And what a rollercoaster labour turned out to be!

I know when I was pregnant I liked to hear everyones stories about the days just before labour happened so I included all that for those interested...

BEFORE LABOUR...

I was almost a week overdue when I had my first sweep on the Wednesday and I was getting pretty fed up. I lost my mucous plug the Friday after so the sweep must have done something and it was followed by another sweep on the Saturday. All through Sunday night I started getting pains, and when I timed them they got more and more regular until they were 10 minutes apart... then they stopped :hissy: I was a bit disappointed, but looked forward to another sweep on the Monday morning. I was only even more disappointed when the MW told me that my cervix was too high and I wasn't even 1cm dilated. (Despite the previous sweep found that I was 2cm dilated - so it goes to show sweeps are really dependent on the MWs opinion!)

On Monday night I had an episode where clear water trickled down my leg, so after a phone call I was back at the hospital that day to get checked out. I was told that there was no evidence of amniotic fluid so I got sent home. That very night my pains returned, but after all my disappointments I decided just to breath through and ignore them. By morning I was getting really sore and fed up. My partner left for work even though I really didn't want him to. I went for a hot bath and decided to time them and found them coming over around 4-7 mins apart. Hospital told me wait until they were a steady regular 3-5 mins apart. By afternoon my partner had to get called home and we were admitted to the hospital...

LABOUR

The pains got worse and worse at the hospital. I sucked on the gas and air like my life depended on it. When I was 5cm dilated I got taken to the birthing pool but I was still struggling. I used to be totally against epidurals, but I soon found myself begging for one. I was 7cm when they took me down to the consultant led unit, and got ready for it. I was amazed by how little I felt of the tube getting inserted. I virtually felt NOTHING. Eventually it began to kick in and I could feel myself just relax. Partner was amazed at the visual change in me from grumpy to smiling! I could then begin to enjoy the fact I was in labour.

Then things got complicated. Out of the blue before I even knew anything was wrong the consultant said to me "You're going to have to get a ceasarean section. The baby's heartbeat has dropped." It was the wee hours in the morning so me and my partner bleary with fatigue were whisked with incredible speed and organisation into theatre. Once it got all set up a consultant said to me "You're going to have your baby in 5 minutes." It was an overwhelming feeling! My partner talked me all the way through it and eventually we could hear a powerful set of lungs fill the theatre. They brought our wee boy round and I was awash with emotions. It took time to get stitched up, but before long we were back in our room again. I just couldn't stop looking at my little boy.

Just when all seemed fine there was a great deal of fuss about the amount of blood I was loosing. In a blur all the doctors and MWs were rushing round me, putting in drips, giving injections, flushing out the blood and clots. My partner had already left when this started so I was a little scared on my own. Nevertheless I slowly recovered and had to have a blood transfusion the next day. It wasn't easy being bed bound and unable to begin caring for LO straight away.

However, within 4 days I was released and am recovering fine. LO is absolutely perfect, and despite it all, I would go through it all again for him!!

Well, that's my long saga finally told lol! I've included pics below...

Attachments

• Photo0413.jpg
    Photo0413.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Photo0419.jpg
    Photo0419.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 31
oh gosh he is the sweetest thing! Well done you going that far over, going into labour all by yourself and getting as far as you did! You should be very proud of yourself! Take it easy now and enjoy your new wee man!

What a cutie. Congratulations!! :D x x

Sorry about the transfusion :( but glad all is now ok and your LO is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! All the best to you new little family.

:happydance:

xxxxx

Congrats!! What a gorgeous little boy xxx

such a sweet looking baby!

sorry to read about your difficult time during delivery.

Congratulations! He's really adorable!

Oh my goodness, he's gorgeous!! Congratulations x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"