I would LOVE to be thin again :(

I am doing slimming world. 9lb off in 3 weeks. This is the 6th time I have done sliimming world - it always has worked for me until I fell off the wagon each time for various reasons. My best go at it I lost nearly 3 stone in a few months. Exercise dramatically slows my weight loss but this time round I am exercising again to get fitter and the weight loss will follow. You do need to put in some effort into making a main meal but you can have a fridge and cupboards full of 'free' food to snack on in the daytime. You can find lots of canned stuff you can just chuck together to make a main meal, there are some ready made supermarket meat / fish things you can whack in the over and just make a potato or something to go with them, and you can still have chocolate / crisps / ice lollies etc but you count them as 'syns' - each has a point value and you are allowed up to 15 points a day. You do have to limit things like bread / cereals / milk / cheese but you can eat unlimited amounts of other foods like lean meat, pasta, rice, potatoes, most mullerlight yoghurts etc.

My 11 month old is constantly on the go and non-stop screaming at the kitchen stairgate at the moment so I dont make anything that takes time during the day. I manage with keeping one eye on her and cooking quick meals like spaghetti hoops on toast / scrambled egg on toast / jacket potato with cheese / tuna etc in the daytime then I make a main meal after she goes to bed at 7ish. I make loads in one go eg chilli or spag bol, freeze lots of portions and just chuck them in the microwave and boil some pasta / rice etc when I want them.

The problem is I just seem to be so lazy these days. I take LO out ever day and do a good long walk but I hate getting up early and feel unmotivated to cook (and I usually LOVE cooking) I feel this way I think because me and OH aren't living together ATM, so I'm looking after her all day everyday and looking after her on my own 3/4 nights a week too. Argh! Wish I could get more motivated. Me and OH are looking for a place so hopefully when we move out I'll be more comfortable cooking etc cuz he'll be there to look after her.

You don't need to make elaborate meals, baked potato, baked chicken/fish, steamed vegetables etc. It's so simple. It has got to be hard having your LO by yourself most of the time but eating healthy doesn't take much time - you should just try it out, you'll see how easy it is

Good news! I've been eating healthily and walking everyday and lost half a stone! :D :D just another stone and a half to go!

Woohoo! :wohoo:

That's the way! Stick at it, you won't regret making a positive change for yourself!

If you ever need any help or motivation, us lot in the dieting and weightloss forum will support you. Way to go :thumbup:

Good news! I've been eating healthily and walking everyday and lost half a stone! :D :D just another stone and a half to go!

Great work! Well done! :happydance:

And as MiniKiwi said, we are all here to support you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->