Ibs help!

Kitten

Mummy to Theakston & Nyah
Reaction score
It's killing me!!

It seems to be getting worse as my pregnancy progresses (although I've read this can happen with the hormones, especially the transitions between trimesters). Is anyone else in hell? Some days I can't move for the pain, it's always on my right side so I know it's my IBS rather than stretching pains and the like and it is MURDER.

Sometimes I just get the general cramps, which I deal with but last week I was going to the toilet about 3 times a day and a had really bad nausea and lost 3lbs! Luckily the nausea seems to have gone but last night I had a horrible incident where I needed to go to the toilet but as soon as I went to open my bowels, pain ripped through my stomach from left to right like someone was ripping my intestines out! I wasn't straining or anything, just went to go like normal and it set in so now I can't pass anything!

I also walked home and back during my break at work and on the way back I was convinced I was having a miscarriage, the pain was so intense. Thinking about it, I imagine this is as bad as it used to be but as I've been on meds for a year, I think you forget how bad it was before you were treated. If I think back I can remember days walking home from work convinced I had appendicitis and nearly fainting from the pain but it's just so scary when you've got a baby in there and you're trying to decide where the pain is coming from.

Is anyone else suffering this badly? Do I get to a point where I see my GP or do I just have to live with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->