IBS - severe cramps.. Worried.

Kmx

Reaction score
TMI - sorry

I have had IBS since I was a teen. It is usually triggered by certain foods but tonight I had an AWFUL episode.

I didn't eat any of my trigger foods but about half an hour after finishing my dinner I got my usual IBS cramps except these gradually got so strong and increased to the point where I was in so much pain I was curled up in a ball screaming in pain.

I eventually had severe dirreah and the cramps continued throughout at such a strong strength. It felt like labour pains.

Eventually they subsided but now I am worried. How can the baby be ok after such extreme and painful stomach cramps?

I'm sure all is well with baby. :flower: Diarrhea is one of my less glamorous pregnancy symptoms. :blush: And I get it bad. :blush: Cramps and pain and all.

I would think they are two totally separate areas so I'm sure baby is fine xoxo
However, I'm jealous! I have IBS also, which is also worse now that I'm preggo, but mine is the other end. I'm so freakn constipated! My back is killing me, my stomach is killing me, and I'm so bloated I look 9 months pregnant
Ugh the joys of pregnancy!!

I have had IBS since a teen as well. When I get an attack the cramps are so painful. I had many severe IBS attacks when I've been pregnant and my babies were all just fine:) I am pregnant with #4 now. Sorry you are suffering from severe IBS, but it definitely won't affect the baby.

Yeah I have it and it's horrendous when I'm pregnant. I think my dodgy stomach is making up for the no sickness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->