Ibs ?

honey08

mum2two boys/2mc
Reaction score
has anyone got ibs? wots the signs etc ?

ive been having a stomach ache for the past 3mth been going to the doc, he felt my stomach once :? and then eventually sent me for bloods taken , i get the results 2mro

for 3mth i have this stomach ache everyday for 2hrs a day no longer and no less, i cant hardley move, its been that bad at times if i wasnt to shown up to get in an ambulance i wuda phoned one
once i phoned my doc at 9am in the mrning to phone me asap cos it was that bad .... he dint phone me bk till 6pm that night :?

when i go to the loo now its not proper runs TMI sry but its not wot it shud b if uknow wot i mean :wacko:

if my bloods come bk all clear 2mro im scared i will then have to wait mths for a scan to see wots up ..... ive had an internal scan due to ttc to check for PCOS ETC so it must be my other end

any advise pls ? ? ?

Ive got IBS, dairy, fatty foods, alcohol and stress/nerves trigger mine, I used to have the runs every day before I was diagnosed with IBS, it was awful not knowing what it was, when I had an attack it would come from nowhere, sudden stomach cramps and a URGENT rush to the toilet, half hour in the bathroom and then felt better. Then the next day it would happen again.

As soon as I was diagnosed, within a week I noticed a huge improvement just from managing what I ate. I take Buscopan tablets just before I eat something that I know will trigger it, and it usually hits slightly less severe.

i didnt even tell the doc i sorta had the runs ... i was to embarassed :blush: but im seeing a woman 2mro and will tell her

this stomach ache i have tho i thought it was happening jsut after eating,so i wasnt eating in the mornings and it was still happening :? :?

I have IBS, I find that cutting out certain foods helped a lot. I had an intolerance test from a kiniesiologist and found out i was intolerant to tomatos :)() and red peppers. Anyways I cut them out and its def improved, altho stll there i'd say its gone from 100% to 65%, which is not tooo bad =] xx

I was told I had ibs, infact it was my gall abladder nd I ended up quite poorly with it. So they say you havent got ibs from the bloods then ask for a scan to check gall bladderust incase..x

Hiya, how are you getting on now? Just a word of advice, there is no test or blood test for IBS, they have to rule out a lot of things first.

Blood test will rule out some deficiencies, and coeiliac (gluten wheat intolerance) which has a lot of the same symptoms. But it's pretty useless for everything else it could be and you will need more tests to get some definite answers and a conclusive diagnosis.

A gastroscopy will rule out stomach ulcers or hernias which could also be causing the pain, and will rule out coeiliac for definite, as the blood test could still be wrong. A gastroscopy is a tiny camera inserted down your throat into your stomach. You will have to fast for a while. Sounds horrific but I assue you it isn't and you will be somewhat sedated.

A colonoscopy will rule out diseases of the colon and digestive tract- diverticulitis, Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis. Most of these diseases will show up as ulcers and scarring on the colon. They share some symptoms with IBS, but not all. IBS though will show a perfect looking colon in comparison and this is how it's diagnosed. A colonoscopy is a camera inserted up..your other end! You can be knocked out completely for this so it's nothing to worry about. The fast is 24 hours or so and you need to take a very strong laxative which tastes gross. But still they are very minor procedures and nothing to worry about!

There is another test that will do the job of both the gastroscopy and colonoscopy in one, called a capsule endoscopy. This is a camera contained in a tiny tablet that you swallow, and it records everything. You wear a data collector in a pouch around your waist and that's about it- you can go about as an outpatient for 8 hours than they take the recorder off you. The camera will stop recording then and it will pass naturally the next day or so- it's disposable! It's much handier and much better- no laxative, no anaesthetic, no lying in a hospital ward. Unfortunately it's fairly new and will not be available in most hospitals or clinics. I had all 3 of these tests done, as well as lots of blood tests and an ultrasound. I have IBS for definite now. Please feel free to ask me any questions about them, the first two are fairly common and I'd say loads of members here have had them done judging by a previous thread. Good luck with your diagnosis!

Symptoms of IBS are varied. Severe bloating, wind pain, flatulence, diarrhoea, constipation, cramping pain in the left abdomen but can be all the way across. There are loads of medications which can help- Imodium and Laxulose for diarrhoea and constipation respectively for one. Motilium helps with bloating and the feeling of fullness, Imogas helps with wind pain, Buscopan/Colpermin/peppermint/Colofac or Mebeverine and Spasmonal are all made to relieve the cramping pain which is caused by the colon spasming.

he gave me mebeverine , told me to take 3 a day 20min b4 eating,but when i took 3 i cudnt go to the loo :blush: so i just take the one now and the difference is fantastic

thanks for asking and the info x

its awful isnt it... Iv had IBS for years it was powered by nerves and stress but since i snapped out of my anxiety problems its gone the otherway and i was given colliflax ( think thats how u spell it) because i can have stomach aches for days and they get as bad as apendacitus pains...

hope ur tablets work for you i no mine do :D

yeh ive never even heard of it till these stomach aches were coming :cry: and when the doc said to me i'll see how ur getting on in a mth i started crying saying i cant wait another mth with this pain !! but these tablets seem ok ,but when i eat eggs/cheese its like it sets it off uknow :?

thanks for ur replies uv been very helpful :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->