Ibuprophen

Bonnie1990

Mom & Grandma
Reaction score
Hi ladies
Cd12 and woke at 3:30am with a wicked headache. Called into work and took a single aspirin and a cup of coffee. No improvement by 10am. Went to chiropractor. After adjustment he told me to go home and lie down and suggested Advil but I said no and told him why. Rested till 1 and still no better. I broke down and took 1 Advil (in the past I would have jumped on 3 from the get go). Headache is now broke but I am worried about having taken it now.
I did have a dream that my head was being massaged for my headache and the woman knew I was pg. maybe a good sign.
Anyway....I am wipped out now, DB is worried and step kids are due tonight for the weekend and we still need to BD. my order of pg tests came in mail today. OPK is still neg and temp still down. I wonder how long advil stays in your system or how much it takes to mess with prostoglandins and implantation.

Ok I'll stop rambling now or my head will hurt again lol
Thanks for listening to me vent
:dust:

Hopefully it didn't interfere. Good luck and :fairydust: to you!

Tylenol is the only safe thing to take from everything I have read.
And that's not just during the TWW. I have read that long term NSAID use is no good for TTC.
And definately no coffee or caffeine!!!

Tylenol is the only safe thing to take from everything I have read.
And that's not just during the TWW. I have read that long term NSAID use is no good for TTC.
And definately no coffee or caffeine!!!

Thanks. I have read how it's not good either time too.
Can't say if one Advil did it but I'm on to the next cycle.

I have just been taking paracetamol to combat the headaches. No where near as good as codeine! ( not allowed now!). 1 cup of coffee a day is fine as long as it is instant type. Hope you are Bonnie. x

I have just been taking paracetamol to combat the headaches. No where near as good as codeine! ( not allowed now!). 1 cup of coffee a day is fine as long as it is instant type. Hope you are Bonnie. x

nope i wasn't
not sure what paracetamol is-its a UK thing :)
i have really cut down my coffee-from 4-5 to 1.5 max-but not instant-yuk
i dont think the 1 advil i took can be blamed though-it is what it is

definitly no codine!

good luck at the docs tomorrow!

Paracetamol is acetaminophen

Thanks elski. We call it Tylenol as the brand name here.
It's funny. I have a coworker who is due in march. Her doc (probably mine) said to take aspirin over acetimetophen.

Really? It's funny how things vary so widely country-to-country. We never prescribe it as standard to our antenates here :)

Tylenol and a coke usually helps for me. I know caffeine isn't great, but this was what I was told to do for headaches when I was pregnant before.

Hi - firstly good luck this month.

In Australia we have tylenol and advil and I thought they both were paracetamol, AKA panamax. Have been told by ob gyn not to take asprin or ibprofen (nurofen) but have been told that 1 or 2 espresso coffees a day are ok ... different country different story it seems :coffee:

TTC - 18 months DH40 - starting IVF next cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->