• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Icandy Peach vs Mothercare Orb

MummyKP

Reaction score
We are looking at these two prams ATM and can't decide. I love both prams, but there's a huge price difference!! The orb is half of the price of the icandy. Has anyone had either pram and could give us any tips based on their own experience? Thank you :)

If you have the money then I'd say the iCandy! But really only you know what you need, and you have to go and try pushing them about/folding them/seeing how they feel. Some prams suit one person and are terrible for another.

I tried the Orb out in store and the handle felt horrible in my hands, and it wasn't as lightweight and easy to manoeuvre as some others. Also, the basket is tiny! I'm forever struggling to fit my stuff in to the large basket under our Sola so an even smaller one would be a big no-no for me.

I had the Orb with my first son (5 years ago, it was called the "Spin" then). I absolutely loved it. I sold it on and now I'm due my second next month and I've ordered the Orb again. It's had a facelift since then (leather handle, better quality covers etc.) but it's cheaper now than it was then (it's on sale for £300 till April 15th). I loved the spin action: this came in really handy when we were out and about and the sun was low and I could spin Alex round quickly, no heavy lifting of the seat to change it round. I found the basket to be fine - I only really needed it for a few bits as everything else I put in the changing bag. I certainly didn't go out and do a weekly shop with it or anything. I personally did think that it was lightweight and had no problems collapsing it and putting it in the boot. It folded down nicely and you could get even more room in the boot if you needed just by removing the wheels really easily. If you don't have iCandy cash, then I think you get a lot for your money with the Orb. x

Thanks ladies I appreciate your opinions.

Hubby is keen for the orb just because he thinks the money we save from the orb can go towards other necessities. I guess I'd be paying for the name wig the icandy!

I've pushed the icandy & orb briefly, and both seemed nice, however, we are going into store over the weekend to try them out properly, like the folding etc. The thing I love about the orb is its all in one and you don't need to worry about storing the carry cot/seat when not in use as it's the same thing, unlike the icandy. Also with the icandy you've gotta pay for the footmuff etc. It's a tough one. The icandy definitely is a lot of money, which we do have, but it's whether we want to pay that for a pram or pay half the price and put the rest towards nursery furniture etc. Hoping our trip to the store will help make our minds up xx

Ive had Both (i review baby products on my blog)... and Personally The iCandy peach is way over priced for what it is!

I tend to go by certain tick boxes, i.e is it easy to keep clean?, does the accessories live upto our UK weather?, does it feel nice to push?, does it fold easy with not too much faff?

The iCandy peach for me is off putting, as the fabrics are so hard to wash, the chrome scratches really easily and looks horrible!!! also the plastic easily scratches... the footmuffs are tiny in length, i have long kids and only fit my children to about a year old!!! and they not cheap... The foam is off putting, my children have all had a nibble at the foam bumper :/ and there so bulky once folded and a faff as they a 2 piece fold... going in and out the car 5 times in 1 day takes it toll!

The Orb is vastly becoming the Travelsystem to have!... for all reasons including price, there practical, do the job and perform.

Do have a good test drive and try not to be sucked in by the Brand name... as with anything you tend to pay for the name, even though there cheaper counterparts do just as good if not better job :)

Thank you babee_bugs, I appreciate your experiences & opinions. We are going to Mothercare today to try both out, like the folding down etc. Also looking at the Silvercross Surf 2 :)

I found the orb seat unit really small, iCandy all the way for me x

Icandy peach is tiny, most 18 month- 2 year olds look very swuashed in it. And that's a main reason why many people get rid of them because their toddlers don't fit in them any more. I know a few that got rid of it just after their Babies first birthday.

I have an I candy and I like it, but honestly they get annoying after the first year. They're big and bulky.

Silver cross 2 is a bit of a pain I've heard, you'll have to read reviews xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->