Id like to ask you all a question

twinkle93

very happy mummy to be
Reaction score
My story is, I had my daughter a year ago. Went into premature labour at 28 weeks and was terrified was given medication to stop it (luckily it worked), then she was nearly born via Emergency C-Section at 34 weeks due to a serious UTI (managed to get labour stopped again). Then finally my waters broke at 35 weeks and she was born the next day.

The Question is, Im nearly ready to try for baby no.2 but what is the chance that this baby could be premature too?

I know it varies but Im asking for experiences and such

Its something that worries me. Especially because they were gonna fly me to a hospital thats about 2 hours away (this is the closest neo-natal unit that could deal with such a vulnerable baby)

I was lucky that my daughter came out healthy, she got kicked out of special care within 7 hours. Just a little small.

(Extra Info: they said my waters broke at 35 weeks due to Strep B, which I told the docs i thought I had an infection and they laughed!)
But we have no idea why I went into labour at 28 weeks

thank you ladies
xx

sorry another question. Can you stay in the hospital?

I was told there were rooms to sleep in at the hospital where my daughter would have been born if she came at 28 weeks. But people say the hardest thing is having to leave your baby every night. I wouldnt be able to cope with driving 2 hours away from my vulnerable baby every night. (Although I would have to think about my daughter too)

Baby no.2 might be full term fingers crossed but I just want to get info :flower:

It does depend on your hospital, if you had to stay. We have rooms at ours but once baby is deemed "out of the woods" so to speak they expect you to go home. However with you being so far away I imagine the unit would take this into account.

I had my LO at 27 weeks and we had no idea why, it was too late to stop her. We went full term with our second after that

We don't even know what triggers labour in full termers, prem labour is no different. My waters broke at 29 weeks after several bouts of bleeding, but it was because of bleeding they got her out. Talk to your consultant about what happened and how you will be monitored next time.

Some units have rooms, some have hostels close by, but unfortunately leaving LO is just something you have to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->