Ideas for a homemade Xmas present from my LO to her grandfather

Lara310809

Mum of 3 girls
Reaction score
My dad's coming out here for Christmas this year :happydance: He came last year too, and we agreed not to get any gifts, because we couldn't really afford it. He went against it and bought us things, and my MIL bought him a few things too, so he got a couple of presents, but I felt really bad about not getting him anything, seeing as he spent all the money on the flights and on accommodation etc.

Well, this time he's staying an entire month. The trip is costing him a bomb, and I really want to give him something for Christmas. Trouble is we're really hard up, so I want something cheap-ish, but something that would mean a lot to him. I figured something from our daughter, or about our daughter would be ideal. He's not one to admit his emotions, so I can't go over-the-top gooey, but I know he's smitten about her, so I want to make it something about her.

She's 19m so she can't draw him a proper "picture" yet. I was thinking of a photo frame he could put on his desk so he can see her there when he's working. We live 2000 miles away and I know he misses her.

Any other suggestions? I'm happy to make something "from her", or also to buy something cheap-ish; I just don't know what!

A photo is always nice :thumbup:

You could also do hand and foot prints onto white card, have it laminated (very cheap) and turn it into a calendar, or laminate an individual hand print and turn it into a drinks coaster :happydance:

We got cheap plain canvas' and some cheap paint and let Mia go at them one year when she was about that age, everyone got a different one, my MiL got one that looked like a christmas angel by pure luck

There are hard cover photo books you can have printed which are pretty inexpensive or the "handprint ashtray"?

what about something from salt dough? i made some decorations this year and let poppy go at them with paint and glitter, our family members are getting one each!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->