Ideas for my 3 year old dinosaur fan!

Logan's Mum

....plus Eric : )
Reaction score
Hello!

Im having some problems with coming up with presents for my 3 year old son. He LOVES dinosaurs and so would like to go with that idea, but Im stuck! He has loads of figures already, dino soft toys and jigsaws. But what else? Ive found some Playmobil dinosaur sets on eBay but not sure if they are worth the cost. Maybe something with a scene that he can play with, like a volcano or something?

Help! :haha:

My three year old loves this dotty dinosaur colour/shape matching game https://www.amazon.co.uk/Orchard-Toys-062-Dotty-Dinosaurs/dp/B000MLYP1C Not sure if thats the sort of thing you are looking for or not.

Yes, thank you! Ive seen that one before second-hand but wasnt sure if it would be any good, so will get it if I see it cheap :)

Might have got excited on eBay and bought the below truck :blush: , it was £13 which included postage, should fit his other dinosaurs in too (think he already has some of a similar size we got from The Works). Looks like it makes some sort of sound too, which will drive me potty no doubt :haha:

Attachments

• dino buddies.jpg
    dino buddies.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 4
No idea but the 2 yr old boy I babysit loves dinosaurs! His fav things right now are the older movies, like land before time etc.. :D

Dinosaur train dinosaurs are great (they also have dvds with animation about family of dinosaurs who go on time travel train to learn all about different types of dinosaurs) the toys are interactive. You press button on back and will talk with facts about dinosaur. If you have more than one they talk to each other. I got for my daughter when she was little, she still loves and so does 2 year old. They are really sturdy to. Our favourites are Boris a big t rex and Alvin (though he is hard to find now, he is an allosaurus who also jumps so he can protect his territory)

B&m have got quite a lot of dinosaur bits in if you have one near you. They have random things like dinosaur head hand puppets, dinosaur cars plus your typical dinosaur toys. Also ebay quite often have the eggs that dissolve in water with dinosaur bones inside that need fixing together. You can also buy bigger ones that come with a volcano to stand them if while they fizz. Both my boys also like 'reading' dinosaur encyclopaedias which they don't understand but still frequently choose for their bedtime book. And if you were after books The Works have lots of dinosaur story books too. My soon to be three year is old really into them but so was his brother so there's not much left that we can buy.

The dinosaur that pooped books
we have some switch and go dinos which turn into veichles and dinosaurs and make noises and stuff there quite fun!

The dinosaur that pooped books
we have some switch and go dinos which turn into veichles and dinosaurs and make noises and stuff there quite fun!

OMG I got Logan the switch and go T Rex which was amazing at first, but bloody difficult to find the off switch, especially as it kept going on by itself and muttering "I drive ANGRY!" :haha:

Has he seen The Good Dinosaur film? Lots of merchandise from that reduced in the likes of home bargains. Also the dinosaurs love underpants book is very good.

Has he seen The Good Dinosaur film? Lots of merchandise from that reduced in the likes of home bargains. Also the dinosaurs love underpants book is very good.

Yes, weirdly enough hes not that keen on the film :shrug: Ive bought him a toy Arlo which hes done nothing with! Fusspot :haha:

The dinosaur loves etc books we already have, grosses me out but the boys like em!

My son loves his remote control dinosaurs, he also has a blow up remote control one aswell...he's had that one for 2 year and still a favourite. He also loves the dino bites game.
A couple of years ago we got a dino set with a plastic volcano from sainsburys. He's got a load of sets that he's had from places like poundstretchers and b&m.

https://www.thetoyshop.com/action-t...ces/p/520846?gclid=CJyz6LX_vM8CFeUp0wod1vwCvg

This is like the volcano set we got him

For the last dress up day at school I made the kids a dinosaur tail each. It was sewn so badly, but he was so pleased with it. I also made a dinosaur hoody and the shirt for them. Both kids are loving dinosaurs atm.

One of my DS2's friends has a very similar dino costume to the one in the following link, and all of his friends including my DS love it.

https://www.fancydressball.co.uk/an...me-cc044.htm?gclid=CK-d7omCvc8CFUVmGwod2-QDAQ

Also, my boys both enjoy doing dinosaur scratch art (like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007UP5BKW).

There's also some really good excavation dig sets, where there are bones set in a mould and they have a little tool to dig them out, then fix them together to build a dinosaur. Not sure if this is maybe better for slightly older than 3, it depends on your child (DS1 was fine with this sort of thing at 3, but not DS2).

Both my DD and DS love dinosaurs, the playmobil dinosaurs are a huge hit and are still played with often (had them 2-3 years). They love the imaginext dinosaur sets too.

One of my DS2's friends has a very similar dino costume to the one in the following link, and all of his friends including my DS love it.

https://www.fancydressball.co.uk/an...me-cc044.htm?gclid=CK-d7omCvc8CFUVmGwod2-QDAQ

Also, my boys both enjoy doing dinosaur scratch art (like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007UP5BKW).

There's also some really good excavation dig sets, where there are bones set in a mould and they have a little tool to dig them out, then fix them together to build a dinosaur. Not sure if this is maybe better for slightly older than 3, it depends on your child (DS1 was fine with this sort of thing at 3, but not DS2).

If I remember correctly, b&m had a very similar one. I belive it was around £10.

I have a dinosaur obsessed boy too, he's a little older though, he's four almost five.
For his birthday in a couple of weeks we've bought him quite a lot of the Jurrassic World figures from Smyths toy store, they have a selection of different types of dinosaurs (not sure what types :blush: I should know all their names if my 4 year old does but I'm slacking) He's also got a couple of Good Dinosaur figures from the Disney store, a good dinosaur puzzle and books. He's also got a remote control dinosaur, which I think is going to very loud and annoying :rolleyes:

I got my girls a dinosaur egg that hatches in water, they've had one before and was good fun. I got it for £2.25 in the range and they're £5 on Amazon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1
https://www.thetoyshop.com/action-t...ces/p/520846?gclid=CJyz6LX_vM8CFeUp0wod1vwCvg

This is like the volcano set we got him

Thanks for the link, I am considering this one already! Theres an Entertainer near where I live too :thumbup:

What remote controlled dinosaurs do your little ones have? A couple of people have got them on this post, and would like some recommendations please :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->