Ideas for telling family in Christmas

emicakess

Reaction score
Soooo I already thought about giving everyone a present with something revealing the pregnancy but in OHs family we just open presents at random. I know someone is going to open theirs before others have even gotten to that one. I don't really want to just say it, it would be better if it were kinda sneaky or casual and creative but I just don't know what!

Anyone have any ideas? Please share! :D :xmas12:

make a cake with something written on it like "we are expecting" or "we are pregnant" get them together for a picture and instead f cheese you could say "after 3 ... I pregnant"

xx

We got my mum a nanny survival kit and a frame saying we love our nanny...
My daughter we got a me and my big sister frame and a im a big sister book (she's 5)...
X

This is what I am giving my mother in law tomorrow. She's been so pushy about finding out. I guess I am caving in already.

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 25
You could always get a shirt that says "Bun in the oven" or some kind of pregnancy saying, wear it on Christmas and see who notices first ;)

We are telling our parents on Christmas. We have bibs that say "I love grandma" and "I love grandpa". We are going to give the gifts to them together and tell them it's something they both get to use at the same time so they have to open it at the same time. That way not one opens first.

We had early Christmas with my family last week & we got a picture frame with two picture spaces and says "Grandkids". So we put our new ultrasound in one side and a picture of DS in the other. I put a note with an arrow pointing to the ultrasound that says "Not DS" bc we didn't think they'd get it. lol, and we were right, my dad definitely didn't get it. We had to tell him. But then he got really excited & almost cried.

You could always get a shirt that says "Bun in the oven" or some kind of pregnancy saying, wear it on Christmas and see who notices first ;)

We are telling our parents on Christmas. We have bibs that say "I love grandma" and "I love grandpa". We are going to give the gifts to them together and tell them it's something they both get to use at the same time so they have to open it at the same time. That way not one opens first.

Hahaha!! I might actually do the shirt thing! I will wear jacket and when I come in I will take it off and act casual and see who notices lol that's a good idea :)

Either that or we are going to take a picture of our feet and then baby booties next to our feet. E are going to put the picture in xmas cards and make everyone open them at the same time.

But I actually like the shirt idea better lol

We had early Christmas with my family last week & we got a picture frame with two picture spaces and says "Grandkids". So we put our new ultrasound in one side and a picture of DS in the other. I put a note with an arrow pointing to the ultrasound that says "Not DS" bc we didn't think they'd get it. lol, and we were right, my dad definitely didn't get it. We had to tell him. But then he got really excited & almost cried.
Hahaha! My mom is pretty oblivious too lol that's a cute idea :)

Hahaha!! I might actually do the shirt thing! I will wear jacket and when I come in I will take it off and act casual and see who notices lol that's a good idea :)

Either that or we are going to take a picture of our feet and then baby booties next to our feet. E are going to put the picture in xmas cards and make everyone open them at the same time.

But I actually like the shirt idea better lol

You'll have to update us with whatever you decide! I'm sure everyone will be surprised either way!

So I already told my dad... He was like "so when are you guys going to have a baby?" And it was so random and weird. He had NO idea. Then I was like "August 4th..........." And he was like "...wait seriously?" Lol

LOL "August 4th". I love it. I can totally see the type of expression he would have had to that response. :haha: Too funny!

Haha he was so surprised! I was weirded out that he asked me lol. After I told him I asked him if he knew and he had no idea lol

Hehe brilliant!

We are planning to tell parents on Christmas Day too. We had an early scan on Thursday (and Saturday too actually but that's another story!) and are going to put one of the pictures in each of their Christmas cards. We're going to give them out in the evening, so there's not too much time for advice and hopefully it will remain a happy occasion! (my parents love to get a bit too involved... 'oh what are 'we' going to name the baby?' 'How are you going to cope with a dog and a baby, I suppose we will have to take the dog from you' - etc! I'm liable to get a bit cross if there's too much time to talk about it!)

I kind of hope the 'when are you going to have a baby' question comes up, I love the idea of saying 'August 2nd' !!

X

If it were just his parents it would be easier to say but its going to be his mom his sister his nephews his moms bf his moms bfs mom and maybe like 100 (I'm exaggerating) more random family friend people lol so it's gotta be a way to tell everyone all at once . I think I'm going to go with the tshirt idea.

Bumphope Geez so invasive lol already they want to be involved :) OHs family is kinda like that to

Not sure how you could present it,,,but a pic and the words along the lines of.

"Look what I got for Christmas...but I can't open it until Due Date".

I'm also telling my family and his family on Christmas! I was going to do Christmas cards but that was too much so I bought a shirt and gonna wear it to the parties!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 3
Well when we decide to tell, i plan to have emily sitting next to nathan on our rug cuddling, and hopefully get the both of them to hold the scan picture and take the picture, and send it to family :) xx

Not sure how you could present it,,,but a pic and the words along the lines of.

"Look what I got for Christmas...but I can't open it until Due Date".

We sent out xmas cards to out if state family yesterday with a ultrasound pic and I wrote "look what Santa bright this year ;)" or something like that lol OH teased me about that being so cheesey lol idc though

Well when we decide to tell, i plan to have emily sitting next to nathan on our rug cuddling, and hopefully get the both of them to hold the scan picture and take the picture, and send it to family :) xx

Cuute:) my name is Emily and my brothers middle name is Nathan haha :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->