Identical Twins? Anyone else?

Mrs Gibbo

Very proud mother of 2!
Reaction score
I had my 12 week scan yesterday and discovered that a. I'm measuring 14 weeks today, b. we're expecting twins and c. they're identical!
Anyone been knocked for six the same way? :haha:

Our genes can't produce twins.,,LOL But Wow!! Congratulation,..they will surely be adorable.
:oneofeach:
:twingirls:
:twinboys:

I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and found out on July 5 (11w3d) that we're also expecting identical twins! :)

Awesome! Have you started looking into cribs and strollers yet? It's mind blowing! :haha:

We've already chosen our stroller and carseats (the Chicco Keyfit series) but as for cribs... I won't even go there yet!

Me and hubby have spent ages trying to decide if they'll share for a while or straight into separate cots. I think we've decided but we need to try some strollers out before we buy. Our local shops don't have any twin prams in :( so we have to look further afield.

We're trying to decide the same. I know the babies will be sleeping in our room for a while once they're home until we feel safe having them in the nursery...but since we don't know when that will be (6 weeks? 8? 12?), will we want to put them directly into their own cribs, let them share until they're used to being in a seperate room, let them share until they start bothering each other too much...

I'm afraid if we decide to let them share for a while that when we go to buy the second crib, the model we already have will be "old" and not sold anymore. Urgh. :dohh:

We're buying 2 at the same time but only using 1 til they outgrow sharing. Plus we'll buy them from a website where you save money for buying multiple items. Not a huge saving but it's better than nothing!

Have you started thinking of names yet?

Oh yes! Names all sorted! Check out the first post of my pregnancy journal, all four are there!

Oh, I LOVE your names! Corryn is so pretty and Evelyn was actually on our list for a first name - I love the nickname Evie. Our names for girls are Tegan Elsa and Harper Lily. We don't have boy names yet; I'm convinced they're girls!

I'm pretty certain mine are girls too but I had to keep Hubby happy lol :haha: He wants his boys :shrug:
I noticed last night that sleeping on my back now makes me feel dizzy. I didn't think that would happen for at least a few more weeks yet!

I've been noticing a bit of discomfort when lying on my back, too. It's not painful, it just makes me feel like I should roll over. Today I've been having a good bit of pain - though it's not really painful, just kind of irritating and tender... I think it's round ligament / stretching pain.

Have you felt any movement yet?

Kinda bubbly feeling occasionally which could be gas :haha: but apart from that not really. I'm meeting my consultant on Tuesday for the first time and I don't know what to expect! I'm guessing that she is a Ob so she'll want to talk about my birthing options. I hope she doesn't force a c-section on me.

I've been feeling movement since Monday...sort of bubbly flutters, but Thursday I got some nice bicylce action going on...felt like they were having a party in there! Definitely wasn't gas then! :cloud9:

I don't think they can force you into a C-section at all...I think as long as the babies are in good positions, you can have a vaginal birth... My first appointment with the high risk OB is on July 27. I have no idea what to expect either.

Are they scanning you every two weeks? I had my 12 weeks scan a bit late and they dated me 13+6 so now I'm having a scan on Wednesday! :happydance:

So far, no! I've had my first scan at 11+3 when I found put about the twins and my next appointment is July 27 at 14+4. I'm hoping they do a scan then, too...I'm so nervous the babies aren't growing correctly...it's killing me!

I went to meet my consultant today but I didn't actually meet her :dohh: Just a general chat with a registrar and then listen to thing 1 and 2's heartbeats again! Was told that if I want a VB, they fully support that and will help me all they can :happydance:

That's great! (About the VB and the heartbeats!) Were you supposed to meet with your consultant? Did they give you a date for when you'll be able to actually meet with her?

As far as I can gather, it's rare to actually meet a consultant :haha: but she probably wouldn't be the one to deliver the Things anyway! She's just an outpatients consultant not directly attached to my maternity ward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->