If going from WTT to TTC or NTNP, would you do everything to make it happen?

calm

Reaction score
Because this is my case. For many WTT is out of their hands either because their OH is not ready and wants to wait a bit, because money is so tight it would be really difficult, because they have to move first as they don't have the room, because of health problems that need time and many etc

But for other people that step between WTT and TTC is in their hands, maybe they have to lose weight, maybe they have to get over some sort of anxiety disorder like I do, maybe they want to stop smoking, I don't know, there can also be many reasons. All that I know, that my TTC is not a date, or it is, but only if I work really hard at the things that have to be done to be able to TTC, if not, that date will go by, and another, and I won't be able to TTC.

So, I know it is easy to think I would do this and that if in someone else's shoes, but I would like to know what you think. If getting towards TTC is an option in your hands, would you give it all you got? I suppose I am looking for motivation, models of strength... All I know is that I need a kick start to get on the right path. Does anybody else have this problem? Does anybody else know how they would give themselves that kick start?

I know what you mean although my situation was and is very different.

I think if "it was in my hands" as it were, I would do everything I could to make it happen. I am the sort of person who, if has any control over a situation, likes to take it so had I needed to loose weight, stop smoking, get healthier etc I would have done all I could. It may not have happened as quickly as I'd want it to but I would certainly give it my all.

Like I say though, I am lucky, I am in a different situation and never really had these considerations to make.

Good lucky with the anxiety issues and getting to a level where you can TTC.

xxx

Im not really sure what you mean. Do you mean for women who are waiting because of something that they need to change? How badly are they trying to change what it is?

For me its out of my and my partners hands. Im at college so I need to wait a bit longer otherwise im risking getting pregnant with my due date being half way through the course, so Im going to start trying in a month where no matter what month I get pregnant my due date would be after the course ended.

And i want to stop smoking.

And I want to give my body a nice folic acid boost.

I think it depends how patient you are. If you really want it, you'll do anything!

Im not really sure what you mean. Do you mean for women who are waiting because of something that they need to change? How badly are they trying to change what it is?

For me its out of my and my partners hands. Im at college so I need to wait a bit longer otherwise im risking getting pregnant with my due date being half way through the course, so Im going to start trying in a month where no matter what month I get pregnant my due date would be after the course ended.

And i want to stop smoking.

And I want to give my body a nice folic acid boost.

What I mean is, if it was in your hands to change from WTT to TTC (which is my case), would you give it all you got? I say this as I am not doing all I can, and I would like inspiration from others, see if I can get on the right path.

Oh I see what your saying- sorry.

Yes I would try my absolute hardest.

You know, before I got pregnant with my little boy I suffered horiffically with an anxiety disorder. If you want to chat, please feel free to PM me.

I know what you mean although my situation was and is very different.

I think if "it was in my hands" as it were, I would do everything I could to make it happen. I am the sort of person who, if has any control over a situation, likes to take it so had I needed to loose weight, stop smoking, get healthier etc I would have done all I could. It may not have happened as quickly as I'd want it to but I would certainly give it my all.

Like I say though, I am lucky, I am in a different situation and never really had these considerations to make.

Good lucky with the anxiety issues and getting to a level where you can TTC.

xxx

Oh I see what your saying- sorry.

Yes I would try my absolute hardest.

You know, before I got pregnant with my little boy I suffered horiffically with an anxiety disorder. If you want to chat, please feel free to PM me.

Yes thanks! Any tips to getting better are very welcome. :hug: I will pm you

I'm not in that situation as we need to move back to UK first then find job and buy a house first which is why we are WTT but we really wish we weren't WTT. Therefore, as soon as these three problems are solved I'd personally give it my all and wouldn't wait a second more! We'd love to be at the TTC stage now so there'll be no stopping us once we are in a better situation.

I think if it wasn't for some health problems and my OH I would be doing everything I could to be pregnant. Once I have my health problems sorted I will start nagging my OH

I think it's important to try to keep TTC in perspective (waaay easier said than done, I know). If the only reason to improve your health or circumstances is to TTC, that seems to me to be putting a lot of pressure on that one part of your life. Make it one of the reasons, even the main reason, but make sure that you are also doing it for your own general, all-around health and well-being.

I think it's important to try to keep TTC in perspective (waaay easier said than done, I know). If the only reason to improve your health or circumstances is to TTC, that seems to me to be putting a lot of pressure on that one part of your life. Make it one of the reasons, even the main reason, but make sure that you are also doing it for your own general, all-around health and well-being.

Yes, for that very reason I try to get the best health, as doing it just to be able to TTC seams wrong. Because, what if I have problems trying, or what if miscarriage? All these things are normal, and to center all your life round having a baby is very wrong and can be very unhealthy, happiness and well being has to be in one's self without relying on anything or anyone for this to exist. The only thing is if I want time to TTC I have to get my skates on and get better instead of just putting it off, as TTC unfortunately cannot wait forever.

My reason for WTT when I first signed up to this forum was waiting to get married and needing to get my diabetes in a better situation for mine and the future babe's health.

Well I got married in Feb and in April I realised that I wanted this very much and got my arse into gear! I wasn't due to see my Dr until September but my control has been soooo much better since April that I got my nurse to agree to a blood test (which I had today!!) to see if my control is good enough.

So yes - WTT is down to me sorting my diabetes and I am doing my best now to get it sorted. With any luck, she'll be happy when the result comes back next week and she'll get the Dr to prescribe me the very high dosage folic acid I need!

My reason for WTT when I first signed up to this forum was waiting to get married and needing to get my diabetes in a better situation for mine and the future babe's health.

Well I got married in Feb and in April I realised that I wanted this very much and got my arse into gear! I wasn't due to see my Dr until September but my control has been soooo much better since April that I got my nurse to agree to a blood test (which I had today!!) to see if my control is good enough.

So yes - WTT is down to me sorting my diabetes and I am doing my best now to get it sorted. With any luck, she'll be happy when the result comes back next week and she'll get the Dr to prescribe me the very high dosage folic acid I need!

Very good luck with that, fingers crossed for the blood tests !!

Very good luck with that, fingers crossed for the blood tests !!

Thanks. And I hope that everything slots into place just the way you want when you're ready for it to :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->