If HCG doesn't show in urine until after the baby has implanted...

EBAUERHAUS

2 baby boys!
Reaction score
Why is it that the doctor I went to for my last pregnancy was able to justify telling me that my bleeding at 5 weeks was probably implantation bleeding?

Can implantation bleeding happen a week after you've received a positive on a pregnancy test?

I haven't talked to any doctors yet this pregnancy... just wondering about this particular subject. In case it happens to me again.

Implantation bleeding can happen after the initial implanting and can refer to any bleeding as a result of Implantation, even up to a few weeks after initial implanting... if that makes sense.. basically baby continues to snuggle in for the long haul which can result in bleeding at any stage in the early weeks!

Thank you, Pinkpassion.
That makes perfect sense.

I hadn't realized until just this past week that implantation has already occurred once the HCG shows in the urine.

That's ok :) I've been here too long and was taught by fellow bnbers :)

yes the egg can snuggle right in there and implant further after it has first implanted causing some slight spotting

Implantation bleeding can sometimes occur a little bit after actual implantation occurs. Well, the bleeding itself occurs when implantation happens, but you might not notice it until it comes out, which can be a day or two later. But if you have already received a positive on a test and you are past about 12 dpo, no I wouldn't suspect any bleeding you get at that point is implantation bleeding. It's rare for implantation to occur past 12 dpo as your body likely won't keep your progesterone high enough to make a possible pregnancy viable much past that without implantation occurring. You might get bleeding at 5 weeks, but it's not due to implantation unless you ovulated quite late. I personally wouldn't consider first tri bleeding that occurs because of normal uterine and hormonal changes to be 'implantation bleeding' as that can happen throughout first tri and isn't related to implantation as that's a very specific event. I'd consider implantation bleeding to be what happens at or just after implantation and I think that's usually how the term is used. Bleeding isn't necessarily a bad thing. I had very heavy bleeding in 1st tri last time at about 10 weeks which they couldn't explain. All was fine though. That baby is now a 4 year old. So bleeding can be normal throughout first tri, but no I wouldn't suspect that bleeding at 5 weeks after you've already received a positive test at home is implantation bleeding. It sounds like your doctor maybe just wanted to be reassuring though and was trying to say that bleeding can be normal, which is true.

I had implantation bleeding a week after I found out I was pregnant with my second.. at first I thought I was miscarrying and I cried for days! When it didn't come to anything though, and I had my scan, I was told it must've been due to implantation. X

Implantation bleeding can sometimes occur a little bit after actual implantation occurs. Well, the bleeding itself occurs when implantation happens, but you might not notice it until it comes out, which can be a day or two later. But if you have already received a positive on a test and you are past about 12 dpo, no I wouldn't suspect any bleeding you get at that point is implantation bleeding. It's rare for implantation to occur past 12 dpo as your body likely won't keep your progesterone high enough to make a possible pregnancy viable much past that without implantation occurring. You might get bleeding at 5 weeks, but it's not due to implantation unless you ovulated quite late. I personally wouldn't consider first tri bleeding that occurs because of normal uterine and hormonal changes to be 'implantation bleeding' as that can happen throughout first tri and isn't related to implantation as that's a very specific event. I'd consider implantation bleeding to be what happens at or just after implantation and I think that's usually how the term is used. Bleeding isn't necessarily a bad thing. I had very heavy bleeding in 1st tri last time at about 10 weeks which they couldn't explain. All was fine though. That baby is now a 4 year old. So bleeding can be normal throughout first tri, but no I wouldn't suspect that bleeding at 5 weeks after you've already received a positive test at home is implantation bleeding. It sounds like your doctor maybe just wanted to be reassuring though and was trying to say that bleeding can be normal, which is true.

She was absolutely trying to be reassuring - but was realistic at the same time. She said that it was possible that it was implantation bleeding, but that she couldn't rule out miscarriage as that's something that occurs relatively often in pregnancy.

Also, we went to an emergency-care office, so she wasn't an OBGYN - which may have been why I got (what I felt was) vague information from her.

I had hope, even when I was bleeding because I knew that it wasn't necessarily an abnormal experience I was having. But - it didn't turn out. I have kept myself relatively calm this pregnancy. My asthma is not causing me problems, and I'm having a pretty good time so far.

I had implantation bleeding a week after I found out I was pregnant with my second.. at first I thought I was miscarrying and I cried for days! When it didn't come to anything though, and I had my scan, I was told it must've been due to implantation. X

That's very scary! How long did you bleed?

What I'm hoping for is when/if I have spotting in this current pregnancy, it'll be light and it'll be short. Lots of prayers going up on a daily basis that I just won't get any of that... it'll keep my anxiety from getting the best of me.

I bled for 7 days, on and off. Varying from pink to red. It was very scary, it was always there when I wiped - but never enough to use a tampon etc. X

I've had very light spotting, only when I wiped, from when I first found out I was pregnant up until this week probably, which is week 8! I have not worried about it what so ever because it has always been a very light brown and I was always told by doctors, my mother and fellow bnbers that it's just my little bean cozying up in my uterus and causing a slight amount of the lining to shed! It really isn't anything for me to worry about but I'm also very in tune with my body. If you feel something is abnormal, go get checked out. But if you truly feel like it's nothing to worry about, don't sweat it. Spotting in the first tri is completely normal as long as it's light and not red. Then again I'm not a doctor and can't offer medical advise!! Good luck and try to stay calm :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->