If I hear one more family member say

J

JayleighAnn

1.You wont be allowed a homebirth because its your first

2.nope Jayleigh don't argue, you know I'm right, don't quote all this stuff from homebirth websites you've seen.

3.YOU WONT BE ALLOWED and ITS DANGEROUS!

I'm gunna end up doing something I will regret! :muaha:

Why can't people respect my choice?

:hg: Don't let them get u down!

Ignore then hun, you have done the research and Im sure your Mw will back you in your decision. Tell them to take a running jump its your body, your baby xXx

Well I've not seen my midwife yet, first appointment on Weds so hopefully she will be ok with it.

My mum is very supportive of me having a homebirth as she homebirthed with my sister. But everyone else looks at me like I've Said "I want to give birth in Asda"

it's like that for me as well i want a homebirth (it's my 3rd ) and when i've said that to people they look at me as though i have 3 heads! I look at it this way you can all ways go into hospital at anytime during the birth if you need to (thats what my midwife said anyway)so good look with what you decide to do.

hi im studying child development so i looked through all my notes n found this hope it helps
u can have a home birth if its ur 1st baby aslong as u dont have high blood pressure or any other complications or n if ur over 16 but under 35
then there should b no problem having a home birth

That's so silly. My Midwife has been pretty much trying to force me to have a home birth saying I'm the perfect age blablabla.
Family members are just so annoying during pregnancy!

I'm glad you found that Aly, I'm going to see my midwife on weds so I'll speak to her about it, I want a homebirth because I want to be comfortable where I am, I want to be able to get into my own bed after and I want bubba's first place he/she see's to be home.

If there was anything wrong I would go to hospital, I wont be stupid and take risks

I know its your choice for a home birth and im not starting anything this is a genuine question, what if you needed an emergancy section?

I found this on www.homebirth.org.uk

We know there is a higher risk that a first-time mother will have a non-emergency transfer to hospital, than for mothers having subsequent children. Up to 40% of first-time mums have transferred in studies on home birth, either in late pregnancy (to have labour induced), or in labour. However, this means that 60% of the first-time mums did actually give birth at home, with little or no intervention. You will not find many hospitals where 60% of first-time mothers give birth without drips to speed up labour, epidurals, and other interventions.

i saw a programme on BBC2 a while back about teenage mums, they were from the same town as me. it was basically about how they cope and that. on eof them had a home water birth and it was her 1st baby and she was only like 14, so it is possible. but it might be different in different areas, like toria said she couldnt have one.

and some areas arent doing them atm, i think it was Uvlollypop that said she cant have one due to staff shortages or somethin

I know its your choice for a home birth and im not starting anything this is a genuine question, what if you needed an emergancy section?

then I'll have to be transfered to hospital, I'm not gunna resist going and put me or bubba in danger

My last was a home birth and it was fantastic....i hope this one will be a home birth to.

I couldn't have had one with my first because they suspected Downs syndrome (thankfully she wasn't)

Anyway good luck with which ever you do hun xxxxx

People seem to have verbal dirrehea when it comes to giving their opinions on pregnancy. The easiest thing to do is just not to tell people your plans. then you won't have to put up with them trying to change your mind for 9 months. Honestly, no matter what you chose someone will disagree with you and tell you it's wrong.

This is my first and when I mentioned to the Mw I was interested in a home water birth she was really impressed and at every appointment since she's checked it's still what I want because she thinks it is such a good idea. I'm only about 15 mins normal drive from the hospital so that helps. Most things that might go wrong (usually failure to progress or need for stronger pain relief) will be things that allow time to be transferred to the hospital. If it's something that requires serious immediate assistance well there's no guarantee that it could be helped any more bust by being in hospital. Things can go wrong in labour but usually if they do they aren't that serious. I'm confident that my MWs are excellent. They are the best maternity unit in the country and they have a particularly good record for home births. If you're concerned at all you can find out the statistics for your particular maternity team and see what you think then. Good luck!

I haven't eve thought of a homebirth...........u should stick with what u want x

My friend had a homebirth with her first so I'm sure you'll be ok to have one x

This is my first and when I mentioned to the Mw I was interested in a home water birth she was really impressed and at every appointment since she's checked it's still what I want because she thinks it is such a good idea. I'm only about 15 mins normal drive from the hospital so that helps. Most things that might go wrong (usually failure to progress or need for stronger pain relief) will be things that allow time to be transferred to the hospital. If it's something that requires serious immediate assistance well there's no guarantee that it could be helped any more bust by being in hospital. Things can go wrong in labour but usually if they do they aren't that serious. I'm confident that my MWs are excellent. They are the best maternity unit in the country and they have a particularly good record for home births. If you're concerned at all you can find out the statistics for your particular maternity team and see what you think then. Good luck!

Thank you for that, I've read that first time labour is normally slow and that the only normal reason for hospital transfer is slow labour and mum gets tired or stronger pain relief.

If I'm honest I want to go the full hog, no painrelief and a homebirth, so I'm hoping I wont need a transfer, but if I do, I will go straight to hospital.

Do you what you want hun and ignore the comments. Everyone wants to stick their twopence worth in and it is really unneeded sometimes, especially negative comments.
Not quite the same but when pregnant i was very very determined to b/f exclusively and not express, well all my family were telling me how i wouldn't be able to do it and i wouldn't be able to cope. Well i did do it and i did cope and i am doing exactly what i planned!
Thats the best feeling, and when you get your homebirth just as you wanted you will feel great! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->