If you could change one law...

I've got a ton of these, but here are a few:

It should be illegal for doctors to get kickbacks from pharmaceutical companies (or is it?).

Doctors should be penalized severely for all the frivolous prescribing of pharmaceuticals.

Marijuana should be legalized, along with hemp being used to make a wide array of products.

The families of victims should be allowed to choose punishment for the criminal (even if it means castrating his you-know-whats; of course the crime and punishment should match, and in many cases, should be exactly equal, short of killing the criminal).

Women who give birth to drug babies should not be allowed to have any more children.

I know this says one law but oh well :p

I would raise the driving age. Unfortunately it is those 17 year old idiots who ruin it for the rest of the young people & mean my insurance is stupidly high!

A general road safety test should be compulsory every 5 or so years. Maybe more or less.

I would make it illegal for bailiffs to gain 'peaceful entry' to your property. Very out of order being able to climb through a window and this still being classed as 'peaceful'.

Stricter rules on how 'stray' parents provide for their children. My Mum got away with not paying a penny for our whole lives as she lived abroad.

I know this says one law but oh well :p

I would raise the driving age. Unfortunately it is those 17 year old idiots who ruin it for the rest of the young people & mean my insurance is stupidly high!

A general road safety test should be compulsory every 5 or so years. Maybe more or less.

I would make it illegal for bailiffs to gain 'peaceful entry' to your property. Very out of order being able to climb through a window and this still being classed as 'peaceful'.

Stricter rules on how 'stray' parents provide for their children. My Mum got away with not paying a penny for our whole lives as she lived abroad.

Even as a non-driver myself i disagree with the point in bold, Its not just "young" drivers, its middle aged drives, male drivers, female drivers, old drivers etc.. How many newspaper storys have you seen of a 17year old driving down the wrong side of the parkway?? Yet in the last year I have seen 1 old guy with my own eyes driving down the wrong side and so have many family members.. The would be abit like saying teen parents are bad :shrug:

HOwever i do agree with the rest, just becaus eyou pass your test does not make you a good driver the longer people seem to drive the more they feel they can drive however they want and its ok?!

Baliffs are horrible lol i had one try to gain acess to my house, for people who have never even lived here and on the stupid letter he gave me it said 154 which is not my house :haha:

Make sure murderers/rapists/paedophiles never see the light of day again.

i would legalise assisted suicide only if the person was completley sane !

Good thread!

Life should mean life

Animal cruelty should have a prison sentence

There are probably a few I would change or bring in, sorry if anyone doesnt agree with any of these but its realy just a rambling of an ideal world in my own head type of thing :)

Zero tellerance on drinking and driving.

Bring back the death penalty if it can be proved without a doubt of intention to murder (not manslaughter) I realy do believe in an eye for an eye.

Life imprisoment meaning life.

yearly test (at least a hazzard and reaction test) to drivers after the age of 70

Castration for pedophiles (I know it wont solve it but its a start)

There are more from my many "when I rule the world" conversations with hubby but some may offend :)

Good thread!

I would change the abortion time.

Life should mean life

Animal cruelty should have a prison sentence

I thought some cases did, a bloke in our area was found guilty of harm and neglect to donkys and horses and was sentanced (not sure how long for though).

If we did our own world laws like smokey did mine would be;

Years drivers tests for those over 60 and those who have only just passed till they have held their L for 3years
Inbetween those years tested every 4years

I would only use adverage speed camera's you know the ones which you drive past like 5 in a row and then if you reach any before the allowed time your in trouble rather than a random one which people slow down for.

All pets that can leave the house much be insured and mirco chiped, all breeders must register litters and carry out health testing..

Everyone would be reuiqred to take some type of parent/pregnancy class/course once pregnant

Life would mean life in prison

Pedo's would be castrated and on tag if not in jail also the local comunity should know if they are living somewhere a pedo is

People who refused to help themselfs would be refused medical treatment in relation to the problem they refuse to try and help with.. Ie someone with problems due to smoking if they did not try to quit would not be helped, same with weight loss etc

I would enforse the law on the traffic light system on foods which is not currently followed

I would bring back tukey twizzlers :haha:

and many more

If we did our own world laws like smokey did mine would be;

Years drivers tests for those over 60 and those who have only just passed till they have held their L for 3years
Inbetween those years tested every 4years

I would only use adverage speed camera's you know the ones which you drive past like 5 in a row and then if you reach any before the allowed time your in trouble rather than a random one which people slow down for.

All pets that can leave the house much be insured and mirco chiped, all breeders must register litters and carry out health testing..

Everyone would be reuiqred to take some type of parent/pregnancy class/course once pregnant

Life would mean life in prison

Pedo's would be castrated and on tag if not in jail also the local comunity should know if they are living somewhere a pedo is

People who refused to help themselfs would be refused medical treatment in relation to the problem they refuse to try and help with.. Ie someone with problems due to smoking if they did not try to quit would not be helped, same with weight loss etc

I would enforse the law on the traffic light system on foods which is not currently followed

I would bring back tukey twizzlers :haha:

and many more

OMG I miss these so much, dam you Jamie Oliver :)

I did forget my main big one actualy, I normaly moan about this on a daily basis.

Cycle helmets, lights and high visability jackets should be made law for all Cyclists.
High visability jackets law for Moter bikes

Some of you will notice that i have edited some of your posts, can we please remember this rule please.

While BabyandBump tries to remain pro-choice on most subjects, out of respect for majority of our members that are either trying to conceive, or pregnant, we ask that you do not discuss topics on abortion and terminations outside of the 'Ethical Prenatal Losses' forum.

https://www.babyandbump.com/announcement.php?f=18

I would make smoking illegal.

I'd make drinking/driving drugs/driving illegal. One of my relatives was in collision with a driver who was high, she died twice but they were able to revive her.

I think it's a law in australia that if you don't wear a helmet you get fined? Not sure though.

I'd give all adults the right to marry whomever they chose, regardless of same sex or opposite sex.

Oh that made me laugh!!

It wouldn't be peaceful if they climbed in an open window of mine...I have a houseful of Bullmastiffs!!!

My law would be to bring back the death penalty for murder/rape/paedophilia. Why should the taxpayers have to subside keeping these scum in prison. Getting rid of them would free up so much space and enable the justice system to give out longer/more appropriate sentences for other offenders instead of slaps on the wrists and piddly little fines.

Also bring in a zero tolerance for drink driving. Nobody should have any alcohol if they are driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->