If you formula-fed from the very start...

Maybe a couple of days at most? The first day (day 3) was the worse, and then it got better each day. I found pads that you could freeze (I think at Target, if not it was Destination Maternity of all places) and wore them with tight bras for relief.

Hope it goes away soon! :hugs:

Mine started on day 2 and ended on day 6-7. Don't do anything. Don't massage don't heat don't cool, just leave them be. Take some paracetamol but just leave them alone. My midwife said to me to do this and it was hell, I was in tears, but if you leave them alone it will go away. If you do anything you could stimulate them and make it last longer! Make sure you have a well fitted supporting bra as well.

Thanks ladies. I'm wearing a tight-fitting sports bra and haven't done anything else. I find it so hard to resist massaging them, but I've been pretty good at that so far. I've heard about cabbage leaves, but wondered if they'd really make much of a difference or if it'd be better to just leave it be.

I hope you are feeling better. I was in agony and someone (I can't remember who) told me to take pseudoephedrine to dry up my milk. It is just the old kind of Sudafed that you have to get from behind the counter at the pharmacy (NOT Sudafed PE). It worked really well!

I just took it as indicated on the box and I dried up super quick.

I hope you are feeling better. I was in agony and someone (I can't remember who) told me to take pseudoephedrine to dry up my milk. It is just the old kind of Sudafed that you have to get from behind the counter at the pharmacy (NOT Sudafed PE). It worked really well!

I just took it as indicated on the box and I dried up super quick.

Thanks. I'm still pretty engorges, but I think as of today it might be a tiny bit better, so hopefully it's on the downside now. I was going to try cabbage leaves, but my DH has been to the store twice now and hasn't come back with it. :dohh:

The cabbage leaves in the bra is probably the most sweet relief I've ever had. Straight from the fridge into your bra, I could've cried with the relief. I was severely engorged and only had to use cabbage leaves for 2days and it went down a lot, still slightly painful for a week but nothing compares to those first few days, especially since I was bfing too, pure agony!

Well, I never did manage to get the cabbage, but the engorgement is a lot better now, so I guess I'll try the cabbage next time around. :flower:

That's good to hear. It was literally the worst thing I had - over and above recovering from c-section!!

Off topic, but does anyone else wonder who first thought of putting cabbage leaves in their bra?!

I was about to write a post about the exact same thing!!! Trying the cabbage now, and I've also heard peppermint helps dry it up. Fixing to gulp down some peppermint tea and soak in a peppermint essential oil infused bath. Good to hear some of you say day 3 was the worst, because that's where I am now. Hopefully the cabbage and peppermint help!! : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->