• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If you saw.....

O

Ozzieshunni

A friend (female) walking with a guy would you automatically assume they were seeing each other?

I walked to the park today with Alex and a friend of mine and we ran into a friend of his. She kept giving him looks like "Oh he must me seeing her!" So I subtly out into the conversation that I stay around the corner with my HUSBAND and then her look turned to "oh I wonder if he's sleeping with her and her husband doesn't know!" Suspicious like. I mean what the hell? Can't a married woman and a single guy be friends? Some people.

I know what you mean but I guess I'm one of them people that jumps to conclusions :haha:
I always think ohh what's going on there then ;);)

Haha, I wouldn't... But my best friends are all male! I sat there today with my best friend watching something, sat behind him stroking his hair! Most people would assume we're a couple... But he's like my brother! NO WAY would i feel that way about him, my OH knows this and loves him too. x

I wouldnt assume that. I go places with a male friend who is also DH's friend! When they were out with Erin together, they got asked if they were a gay couple. People jump to conclusions in those situations too. In the end, it doesnt matter what they think as long as they've got it wrong!

I wouldn't assume that. My best friend is a single guy - most people have assumed at one point we must be getting it on but we're not. He's been my friend for 20 years and we're just comfortable in each others company. Some people like to look for drama where there is none! :rolleyes:

Not at all. I have lots of female friends but a few of my really close friends are male. OH has lots of female friends too.

I don't. All of my friends except the odd few are lads and have been all the way since back at school, and I constantly have people assuming we're together. Even someone I grew up with we're like brother and sister he is engaged and we go out (me him and his fiance) I had a girl come up to me threatening me because she thought we were a couple behind his fiances back because we were sat talking about his real sister while his fiance went to the loo. It's crazy lol x

I wouldn't automatically assume they were seeing each other. Then again, I'm a married woman who has been known to walk around with my married guy friends and have rumors start, even though we're just friends. *sigh* A girl in a male-dominated field can't have older guy friends as role models (although their wives are fine with me talking to their husbands for advice and we hang out together with our families). :nope:

Some people... :wacko:

Don't know really. I have male friends like from work but none that I'm close to xx

Nah! I mean, hell. I work solely with men, I wonder what people think when I go out to lunch with 4 guys! :lol:

All my best friends pretty much are male, so I would be a bit of a hypocrite! :haha:

I wouldn't assume that they were seeing each other. I know a lot of women prefer male friends to female friends, mainly because there is much less drama! :laugh2:

Totally! I prefer men as friends because of the lack of drama!

I should also note, we live in a small town where everyone is up in everyone else's business :roll:

So, it happened again! I was walking round to his house to drop off a flash drive and go for a walk to the park with Alex and his neighbor poked her head out the door and watched me! :dohh:

I was telling DH about all this last night and he said people are too nosy for their own good.

Maybe you're imagining it, why would the neighbour care?

Nope I wouldnt automatically assume it either. 98% of my friends are male, I just feel more comfortable around them so figure there has to be others like me out there :)

No, I am not imagining it. I ran both things by my friend and he said 1) He saw the same look and 2) that his neighbor is nosy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->