If you're worried about having the anti d jab...

Lovemybump1

Reaction score
Don't be!! I was meant to be having it tomorrow. Hate all jabs, had read it was a nasty one, dh was taking the afternoon off to come with me etc etc. anyway this morning I had a fall. Went to hospital to get checked out. Everything is perfect thankfully but they wanted me to have the anti d jab today instead of tomorrow. It wasn't half as bad as I expected. I'd have been awake half of tonight worrying about it but didnt really have a chance to think about it. Just wanted to reassure anyone who is feeling worried about it like I was.x

I just went to have mine, but my blood tests were a week out of date, so had more blood done today and booked in for it tomorrow now, I have had it with all my pregancies and my miscarriage, so am not too afraid, more worried about showing the midwife my bum lol.

I had three with DD's pregnancy and one with this pregnancy and its really not that sore at all, just a little sting and its over :dance:

i had it done in top of thigh/bum and was completely painless. she wanted to do it in the arm but i thought the extra flesh of my bum might help! lol

I have had mine 3 weeks ago at 28 weeks and had them with my other 3 pregnancies. I had mine in the top of my thigh and tbh I didn't even feel it.

I had this done last time around and didn't remember it being bad but when I was having a scan this time the sonographer made a comment about it being the most painful jab :O but had it again the other day and hardly felt a thing :) I prefer having it in my arm but most people have the bum lol x

I had mine yesterday and had it in my arm. It was a little uncomfortable going in and I felt a bit funny about the size of the needle (I use needles everyday at work!! Haha!) but it was fine and as soon as it was over it didn't hurt at all unlike when you get vaccines in your arm. The worst thing about it for me was the MW running an hour late.

I had mine a few weeks ago and the midwife built it up to be the worst pain in the world! Kept apologising for how bad it would be bla bla bla. Eventually I said to chill out and just give it me as she was making me anxious, I had it in my arm and honestly if she hadnt made a fuss I wouldn't have thought twice about it. Just seemed the same as any other jab.

Don't be!! I was meant to be having it tomorrow. Hate all jabs, had read it was a nasty one, dh was taking the afternoon off to come with me etc etc. anyway this morning I had a fall. Went to hospital to get checked out. Everything is perfect thankfully but they wanted me to have the anti d jab today instead of tomorrow. It wasn't half as bad as I expected. I'd have been awake half of tonight worrying about it but didnt really have a chance to think about it. Just wanted to reassure anyone who is feeling worried about it like I was.x

I had mine just over a fortnight ago and was really impressed how little I felt it! I am terrified of needles and the nurse told me it would sting a lot so I was really concerned but she was obviously just trying to prepare me as when she was finished I thought she'd only cleaned the area so far!!

I think my main mistake is googling everything beforehand. So many people would talk about how painful it was and it was a thick liquid so more difficult to inject etc etc. my fault for reading up on it all............I'll prob do the same thing next time mind :)

It's an injection they give to pregnant ladies who are rhesus negative. It prevents antibodies building up in your blood if your baby is rhesus positive, which could cause big problems in future pregnancies. I think that about sums it up! If you were rhesus negative you would have been told after your booking in blood tests. Most people are positive x

I have had a few shots of anti-D coz i a clumbsy sod and have had a few lickle accidents - i.e. falling down the stairs :/

its really not that bad it makes ya arm ache afterwards because its a thick gel thats kept in a very cold fridge but its really not that bad just a bit uncomfortable lol

Oh okay. I've heard of the condition, never the injection. It sounds horrible :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->