IFV cramping after BFP advice needed please

elociN

Reaction score
Hi all!
My very dear friend just had a second round of IVF (the first one a year ago sadly failed) and was so happy to get a very very dark BFP on Monday (23rd of Dec), however, she rang this morning (we live in different cities) and was on her way to the doctor, panicking and very upset....she has been having cramps (period like as she describes) and when she tested again this morning her BFP line is still there but pinker (from what i understood).:cry:
I have no experience with IVF but I really really hope she is going to be ok and the baby is fine and she has not miscarried as there has been no spotting or bleeding.
I was so happy for her when i heard about her BFP (I was very sad over Christmas with this being the 11th anniversary of my first son's stillbirth). But the cramping sounds worrying, although I know it can be normal during early pregnancy (had it myself), but I am not sure what is normal after IVF.
I told her to ask for a scan and a blood test, she is nearly 6 weeks pregnant so they should at least see the yolk sack I would have thought.

Anyone's experience and stories would be greatly appreciated.

This pregnancy is from my 3rd ivf cycle !

I had a lot off cramping until about 8-9 weeks !! She might have hook effect too why her test is lighter the a best thing for her is too book a private 6 week scan !

At my 6week scan I saw gest sca yolk sac fetal pole and heartbeat !!!! Xxx

Thank you!
She just phoned, she has been to see the nurse, who told her not to panic and just wait for the scan (end of jan). I advised her to have a private scan so fingers crossed she will get one next week).

Update
She had a private scan a couple of days ago and they found 2 yolk sacks (2 embryos were transferred) but one is measuring to date (5 weeks) and one is tiny.
She is happy at least one of them is measuring ok. I am hoping the other one has implanted later?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->