ignoring on purpose

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
When my parents are around, Josh doesn't want to have anything to do with mommy nor daddy! It's all about my parents... He wants to be with them, pretend he doesn't see us nor hear us! If I speak to him and try to kiss him, he turns his head away.

He really ignores us !!!!

Anyone else's babies does this?

not yet, but Hannah still has quite severe stranger anxiety. Can't imagine I'd be happy if she ignored me for the in-laws though :rofl:

It could be because he sees the two of you all the time and when they are around it's a novelty for him.
They all go through strange phases.

Yes, Dan used to do it all the time, when it was time to go home he would have had an almighty temper and held onto his nan or grandad for dear life !!!! When nan and grandad was there Dan didnt have a mummy or daddy!!!! Lol Dec hasnt got there yet but he has only known my parents for a little over a month.

Erica does this sometimes too. At first it kinda hurt my feelings, but if she is babysat by one of her grandparents and mommy or daddy come to pick her up, she cant wait to jump into our arms and always has a huge smile waiting for us. I think its just because they are around us all the time, and we are also the ones who do the things they dont always like (washing Erica's hair for instance). The grandparents just get to be the people who play with them and sneak them desert even when mom and dad say no lol.

Yup, same for my little one.

Last night OH and I spent our first night away from him (it was our 1 year anniversary) and his nana looked after him. This morning when we walked in, he was super excited and wouldn't leave us alone.

Bethanie does this too, bit annoying when you live with the in laws... oh and she tries to use them to her advantage - eg, we say no to something so she asks them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->