Ikea advice?

lau86

Reaction score
We bought a tall storage unit for the bathroom, it wouldn't fit in the car so had to be delivered. Hubby put it together and when he was moving it, the legs fell off and bent. I was going to try and ring them to ask for a refund but don't know where we stand, is this classed as shoddy workmanship (wouldn't surprise me :haha:) and would they expect us to get it back to them? As there's no way we'd really be able to do it.

It's worth a try! If you had it delivered then they should come and collect it.

I have no experience of returning items to ikea, but...did your husband lift the unit or drag it? If he pulled the unit along without lifting all four legs off the ground I'd say he damaged it himself...sorry.

I have no experience of returning items to ikea, but...did your husband lift the unit or drag it? If he pulled the unit along without lifting all four legs off the ground I'd say he damaged it himself...sorry.

^^^ this.

I agree.....and that's what they will probably say too.

can they not send you a replacement part? Say it got damaged in transit or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->