Ill post this here aswell, anyone from bradford? Im feelin stupid for movin back

T

trashit

I was living in manchester wiv my oh but moved back here to this craphole purely to be near my family and (now almost none existant) friends. But theres apparently a higher infant mortality rate here than anywhere else, and now im petrified. Im a part of the born in bradford study, theyve asked lots of questions taken blood etc. Anyway i dunno, im thinkin maybe i should stay somewhere else and go into labour there for his safety? Anyone else from bradford?x

I'm not from Bradford (or even close!) but you can choose the hospital you give birth at, I think? So if you're worried is it possible to go to another hospital slightly further out?
Also, I know if you go to the NHS website you can read how your hospital is rated by patients overall and for maternity services, etc. Might be worth having a look - it mind put your mind at ease? And if it's as bad as you think, see where the nearest one with a good rating is? x

Well i was planning a home birth but if i get transferred will it be up to me where they transfer me? Cos im in between bradford and leeds, bradfords hosp is a bit closer but not by much. I reallly dont wanna give birth in bradfords hosp, i dont want anything happening purely because i was in this stupid city. Thanks for the reply :) x

I live near Wyke in Bradford but i'm having my baby at either Huddersfield or Halifax. There is no way i'm going to Bradford!!xx

Me either! But are you under a midwifes care in bradford or halifax or hudders? Can you give birth in a different city to where your midwife is based?x

Hi - I no longer live in Bradford (snowy Aberdeenshire is far nicer) but I used to live in Greengates, then Halifax and all OH family, bar one sister, live in and around Idle.

I just wanted to say two of my SILs had midwife care in Bradford and had babies at BRI and both were really happy with the "service" (if thats the right word) they got. One SIL is older and they did everything they could to make sure she got a single room etc. I never heard a good word about BRI in general but the maternity wing was the exception and I can't remember any of my friends ever being unhappy there.

I also have friends who have had babies in Huddersfield and Leeds and both were happy there too. Don't be pushed into anything but you do have a choice. I get NO choice as I have thyroid issues so its Aberdeen, even though its 1hr 30mins away!

They were lovely last time though so I'm not complaining, but try and arrange to go and see all your choices and see what vibes you get.

Good luck,

Kx

Hey Hun!! I live in Queensbury!! I opted to give birth at Airedale in Keighley as my oldest son was born there.
You can choose where you give birth so dont be pushed into BRI if you don't want. Although I am sure you'd be fine :hugs:

I'm under the care of midwifes in Huddersfield as my family are all from there. But you do have a choice on which hospital you want to give birth in. When i was pregnant last year ( had a miscarridge ) i was going to give birth in Leeds, so don't be forced into Bradford if you really don't want it. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->