I'm 20, TTC #1 with PCOS, first cycle on Clomid... really want long-term buddy!

kit603

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Hey there!

I'm 20 years old and i've been living in Nottinghamshire with my Fiance for the last two years. I was diagnosed with PCOS in July 2009, which is also around the time when we started TTC.

I stopped having periods for quite some time, almost a year, and since they restarted i've had cycles lasting anything from 30 - 70 days. I'm currently on CD 17 (as of 11/09/2010) of my first cycle using Clomid and i'm really hoping to ovulate this month, but so far my OPKs don't seem to indicate ovulation :nope:

I'd really like to find an active buddy of a similar age or with similar circumstances to talk things through with and basically keep each other sane whilst we're trying to conceive. I'm usually on here at least once a day and i'd prefer to talk with somebody I can get to know, trust and be long-term friends with than somebody who is just going to chat for the next couple of weeks and then get bored...

Give me a shout or PM me ;)

Thanks
Kit

hiya

i think i can say im in a similar situation.

Im 22 years old and was diagnosed with PCOS when i was 18, then last year i had a laparoscopy and was told i didnt have it, but tests and ultrasounds in april this year show i do PCOS and i was put on metformin in may.

Did you get put straight on the clomid, and can i ask who prescribed it? I had a follow up with my gynaecologist last month and was told that theres nothing more they can do until i turn 23 which is not while feb :(

Anyway, would be good to see how you get on with the clomid as that will be my next step

Good luck

L x

hiya im 21 and iv got pcos even tho i dnt think i have the sydrome i think iv jus got the cysts, anyway im about to start my 1st cycle of clomid,, did u have follicle tracking or anything xx

Hey I am also 21 yrs old going on 22 Nov 3rd... I am also looking for a ttc buddy that I can actually talk to and get to know... I was diagnosed with pcos when i was around 16 years old but I wasnt ttc so it didnt really seem like a big deal to me now that has all changed...After ttc for a year without any success me & my hunnie scheduled an appointment with a Dr.. She ran some test to confirm I had pcos and put me on provera to bring on af each month but that was it she wouldnt do anything else ..So another year almost we scheduled an appointment with a new DR.. he ran the same tests as well but he did prescribe me clomid..So this is my 1st clomid cycle 50 mg days 5-9 I am currently on cd 11....& i wouuld love to be TTC buddies :)

u comple me im the same age have pcos and wil b startin clomid wen af arrives , wanna b buddies xx

do u have fb or anythin,, i take it ur from usa,, im from the uk xx

Yes I have facebook its Kanettra Morant... And yes I'm from the USA..jus shows that no matter where you are there are other women going through the same things you are

Thanks for all the replies everyone :D

So, in answer to the questions i've had...

LaaLaa22 - My GP referred me to a Gynaecologist and it was the Gynaecologist who prescribed me the Metformin and the Clomid. At my first appointment (Oct 2009) I was prescribed the Metformin and at my second appointment (July 2010) I was prescribed the Clomid. I was told that i'd have to wait till I was 23 before I could have IVF but my Gynaecologist was pretty quick to offer Metformin and Clomid, so it might be worth asking to see a different Gynaecologist OR going back and mentionning Clomid and seeing what they say...

keepsmiling - Good luck with the Clomid :) If i'm honest, i'm not even sure what follicle tracking is... so i'm tempted to see that i've probably not had it! :blush:

U_Complete_M3 - Sorry to hear that you're stuck in the same position, but I really hope that the Clomid works for you! It's my first cycle using Clomid aswell - the Gynae didn't prescribe me provera so even though I was prescribed the Clomid in July, i've had to wait for the :witch: to show her face, which took even longer than usual :(

I'm on CD21 now and i've still not had a positive OPK, but i'm trying my best to stay positive! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->