Im 40!! What do i expect?What shud i get?

BABYCAREY

mummy to a angel
Reaction score
Hi
Im 40 and am trying for a baby i have 3boys and had a mmc last August!
I cant fall pregnant so my doctor has referred me to Gynae
What shud i expect? What will they suggest? Will they help us?
Im worried about what to expect!!
Would like someone to advise me what to expect in the coming months
Thank you xx R

Im no expert as where im at in Glasgow im too old to get anything (you have to be under 38). But Ive had testing done for my 2 mmc and was offered a hystopingogram (dye through tubes etc) so we'll see f this comes through later in the year.

I can only suppose they would do some bloodtests and possibly offer you some tests to check if everything is working as it should. Possibly even meds such as clomid? Has your partner had a sperm test? Thats also good. Mine did and it was fine. They mainly found that my thyroid isn't working so im sort of banking on that i will succeed next time.

Hopefully someone can give you a better answer :)

All the bst and good luck!

Im no expert as where im at in Glasgow im too old to get anything (you have to be under 38). But Ive had testing done for my 2 mmc and was offered a hystopingogram (dye through tubes etc) so we'll see f this comes through later in the year.

I can only suppose they would do some bloodtests and possibly offer you some tests to check if everything is working as it should. Possibly even meds such as clomid? Has your partner had a sperm test? Thats also good. Mine did and it was fine. They mainly found that my thyroid isn't working so im sort of banking on that i will succeed next time.

Hopefully someone can give you a better answer :)

All the bst and good luck!

Hi Omi
Hope all well with u!!
I dont know what to expect? Im not sure what my area does?
I askes about Clomid ans was told its up to my consultant to prescribe?
Im hopin he does.my doc did say it cud b ur hubby and sprm count,im just hopin to find ot wht prob is!!Thats all!! Ive to go bk after 21days for a blood test,just hope all ok!!
Good luck xx RO

hey there its possible there is nothing wrong hun it took me a year to concieve my son with 3 mc in between im 42 i was ready to give up too they did my bloods they were great it was just a matter of time how long have you been trying hun xx

hey there its possible there is nothing wrong hun it took me a year to concieve my son with 3 mc in between im 42 i was ready to give up too they did my bloods they were great it was just a matter of time how long have you been trying hun xx

Hi Carrieanne
I did get bloods done bk in April that showed little or no progesterone so thats a problem.
We've been tryin for a year!:cry:
In the past we were always blessed,when we tried we hit the nail on the head each time,always fell pregnant the 1st month tryin!!
So i guess thats half my anxiety!!Why did it work then & not now?
Ive always said i thought they did sumthing wrong when they carried out my EPRC last yr and thats the reason i cant conceive now?:nope:
Maybe im wrong? But i wud give anythin for another baby!!
X Ro

Hi Babycarey

I was reffered to the fertility clinic back in march i think it was. My GP did my blood tests around when i was referred and then the clinic re did some of them. All ive had done really is a HSG which was clear and my OH had his SA which came back fine as well. Next step they have told me will prob be clomid. Im too old for NHS treatment so anything meds or IVF or anything i might have we will have to pay for.

Good luck xxx

Hi Babycarey

I was reffered to the fertility clinic back in march i think it was. My GP did my blood tests around when i was referred and then the clinic re did some of them. All ive had done really is a HSG which was clear and my OH had his SA which came back fine as well. Next step they have told me will prob be clomid. Im too old for NHS treatment so anything meds or IVF or anything i might have we will have to pay for.

Good luck xxx

Hi S :flower:
I think its a shame that when we get to this stage we dont get any REAL help!! Esp finanicially!!!!:growlmad::cry:
Im hopin it wont b too long til i get to see gynae and get sum help/treatment
Can i ask what a HSG is? Maybe i kno but havent a clue at d min :shrug:
When will they give you clomid?How long is it since you got ur results?
Im 40 and time is seriously running out on me :nope:
Have 3 beautiful children & a angel baby but always wanted another 1 at least!!
I have no idea how much other treatments wud b? Such as IVF?
I was kinda hopin i wont have to go down that route!!
Good luck with ur Baby journey and loadsa :dust:
XX Ro

Hi Babycarey

Good luck xxx

Hi S :flower:
I think its a shame that when we get to this stage we dont get any REAL help!! Esp finanicially!!!!:growlmad::cry:
Im hopin it wont b too long til i get to see gynae and get sum help/treatment
Can i ask what a HSG is? Maybe i kno but havent a clue at d min :shrug:
When will they give you clomid?How long is it since you got ur results?
Im 40 and time is seriously running out on me :nope:
Have 3 beautiful children & a angel baby but always wanted another 1 at least!!
I have no idea how much other treatments wud b? Such as IVF?
I was kinda hopin i wont have to go down that route!!
Good luck with ur Baby journey and loadsa :dust:
XX Ro

Hiya hun sorry didnt reply i had logged off.
A HSG is like a songrapham were they put dye thru ur tubes to make sure they are clear and they stick a camera inside to film it all on a monitor.
I got my results straight away after that but that was back in april. Only recently got OH SA results back, that took longer to sort.
Im waiting to hear back off them now what my next step will be but she said it will most likely be clomid, so that cud happen anytime soon.
We were quoted £3k for IVF so im kinda hoping we dont have to go down that route either.
Im 43 and trying for first..its not been the easiest of journeys so far (12 months) but we do ok really.

Thanks hun and good luck too xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"