I'm a bad mum today.

S

Serene123

Caitlyn was pulling herself up earlier, let go, bashed herself, cried, but I couldn't find a mark or a bump so I assumed she was alright. I've just found a bump on her head above her ear. She didn't sleep for an hour or so after and she was fine..

Bump on her head, swallowing cardboard :( I am soooo tired today I feel crappy! I know accidents happen but I can't help feeling like it's my fault because I'm not as attentive as I normally am today.

There's no doubt what a lovely mummy you are. Bumps and scrapes will happen occasionally we can't blame ourselves. There will be plenty more to come too, they are resiliant little things though, chin up xXx

dont worry, she is going to have tons of bumps, bruises, scrapes and eat bad things overthe next couple years, no matter how attentive you are.

Aww bless you, try and get a early nite, it will all be fine 2moz, we all have days like this x x

These things happen. Silly little accidents, but its all part of them growing up, and us and them learning about the mistakes hun. (Ifykwim)

Try not to worry about it. My lil man fell down stairs last nite and i feel awful too :hugs:

Ps: I know I'll be the same when Jessie gets her leg and is learning to use it, so you can remind me of my own words :)

Hun, your not a bad mum at all, we can't prevent every bump, scrape or swallowing of things, if we could, id be a terrible mum *hugs*

Bren has his first bruise onn his forehead from bashing it on the coffee table the other day. They are getting to that stay hun, it does not mean you are a bad mom.

My baby got his first bruise the other day... and that was ALL my fault... I was carrying him and misjudged the distance between his head and the door frame...

...you think you feel guilty... :(

Dont worry about your bub's bump, it happens and it will happen again... and if it really was a problem, nobody would have ever learnt to walk!

My baby got his first bruise the other day... and that was ALL my fault... I was carrying him and misjudged the distance between his head and the door frame...

...you think you feel guilty... :(

haha, I totally did the same thing. Brennan of course started crying like mad, and I felt soooo horrible.

Don't feel too bad, my son has a wicked black eye that he got when he was playing with daddy and hit his eyebone on the jalousy window crank (!) which scared the bejesus out of us. He looks horrid! *sigh* Kids get hurt. It is a fact of life. We can't protect them 24 hours a day. They will heal. On the bright side, at least they are interested in stuff going on around them! LOL

As my OH says, they only way they will learn not to bash their heads is if they do it and it hurts. I know that sounds bad and obviously we don't let our boy bash his head, but they have to learn these things.

I was sitting on the floor right next to my boy the other night and he bashed his head. it wasn't because I wasn't being attentive, its just because they are so darn quick!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->