I'm a BFing mum getting ready to wean !!...help ...a tad confused ??

kalou1972

Mummy to Miller & TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies.....so DS is nearly 5 months.....we are Bfing ( only the odd bottle of formula ). I wont be weaning until 6 months ( we are going on holiday in 2 weeks.

so.....do i bf as normal ??....or do i feed first ??

how long until i start cutting down feeds ??

and also will i not become engourged ???

thanks xxx

Hey Hun I still offer boob first then give food about 45 mins - 1 hour after

Evie still has 4 breast feeds a day and eating 3 meals :)

At 6 months milk is still the main part of your LOs diet

xx

thanks chic....its daunting stuff !!!!xx

I know!!

Evie isn't really taking much of an afternoon feed now, maybe about 5 mins before she starta taking to my boob and poking it and laughing :haha:

Your LO will let you know when he is ready to have less milk

hi,

i don't breastfeed, but we're doing blw with bella (started last week) & she's not cut down her feeds yet as she's not really "eating" food (she's accidentally swallowed some bits, but she's not really doing it deliberately), & as far as i'm aware, she'll cut down gradually, rather than stopping all at once :)

xx

I started weaning LO at 5 months, last week (said I'd wait til 6 months but he was just so ready!) He's bf and he currently has a little bit of baby brekkie in morn and a bit of pureed veg when we have tea. I'd say he has 4 good breastfeeds and a couple of quick snack feeds also.
The bit of food he's having is making a difference tho cos one of my reasins for weaning was he wanted boob every hour, like he couldn't fill up!!

I always offered boob 30-60 odd minutes before a meal in the beginning. Over time, as he began eating more, he started cutting back on how often he nursed on his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->