im a horrible mom :(

nikkip19

expecting #1 :)
Reaction score
luca was laying on the couch and i was sitting next to him. i mustve dozed off for a milasecond and he rolled right onto the floor! its carpeted but he started crying for a good couple minutes :( happened this morning... hes been acting fine ever since. pupils are fine and everything and no bumps... but of course i am thinking he got a concussion :( please tell me this has happened to someone else :(

Well, not the exact same thing, but something similar! When my first was about 4/5 months old, he was sat on the couch next to me all propped up on pillows. The cat was also on the couch fast asleep, and unbeknown to me, Joseph had a hold of the cat's tail.
Well, the cat jumped off the couch and Joe didnt let go, and as the cat bolted out the room, Joe went flying off the couch and bumped his head.
He did have a bump and cried more out of fright I think, but I have felt so guilty for the past 9 years!! because my initial reaction was to laugh!!!! It was just such a random thing to happen. He was fine, just like your wee man.

So, dont feel like a bad mummy, you're not, happens to us all chick xx

Of course it has happened to someone else. In fact, worse will have happened to someone else hun. These things happen alll the time. I've fell asleep when my baby (at 14 months old so could get herself about) on my bed. I woke up just as she got to the edge. My baby has tried to eat a tub of Sudocrem, she's fell over into the bath, rolled onto her front into the bath.. The list is endless but I promise you it is not because you're a bad Mum :hugs:

She never rolled off the sofa but she did roll off the bed once when I fell asleep :dohh: Go onto the guilt free confessional sticky thread, you'll see we all do something like this at least once!

Emma has so far fallen off the bed 3 times, the sofa 4 and continually falls over when trying to crawl.

She will have scrambled eggs for brains now! lol

I think this happens to almost everyone at least once if not more. Cora rolled off our bed onto TILE. I'm glad our bed is on the floor. She didn't even really cry, just gasped because the wind got knocked out of her. Nothing really scares her. She is a tough cookie. Unlike me who bawled about it for like 15 min.

This is something that happens so often. Try not to feel to bad about it.
Honestly, if you actually were a horrible mum then you wouldn't care enough to feel bad about it. :)

yup happens to everyone! it takes a bump or two until you are extra careful. i had LO on my bed and closed my eyes a second and he was at the end of the bed crawling, i just managed to grab him, now i dont put him on my bed if im sleepy!

You're not a horrible mum at all!
We had it the other week where she fell off the bed but she scared herself more than she hurt herself! She had a nice big bruise on her face which made me feel guilty for a while though

i am gonna sound proper bad now! Holly has eaten suda cream and rolled of the sofa when asleep! and the latest incident. i was trying to get her coat on and she was wriggling and fighting to put it on so i turned her to face away from me and i caught her lip in the zip!!!! and she was crying and i didn't realise until i turned her round there was blood everywhere. and i felt so bad but she was fine after the initial shock!

i dont think ive met a mother whose baby hasnt rolled off the sofa/bed!

Ben was fast asleep on the sofa and stupidly i left to clean the bathroom (he had never rolled over!) Next thing i hear is a huge thud and him crying. He was more shocked than anything because he'd been quite content sleeping!

that same day i caught his thumb in the nail clippers

Same thing happened to us today. I put Euan on the chair to answer the phone (about 2 steps away from him) looked round and he was sitting wiggling his feet so I decided to take a photo with my mobile to send to his daddy and when I looked at my phone to write the message he managed to wriggle off the chair and land face down on the carpet!

He was more stunned than hurt as he was enjoying watching his feet wiggling about :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->