I'm a MOM?!?!?!?!?

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
Obviously, I am a Mom... I have a beautiful 16yr old and an adorable 2yr old to show for it... but still, there are moments I just stop and think to myself... I'm a Mom?! Really?!

I still have a difficult time trying to decifer where the last 20yrs of my life went... I remember being in SUCH a hurry to "grow up!".

I'm 40... I'm married... I have 2 amazing girls... I am an adult... yet, it still seems like such a foreign concept to me some days.

I LOVE my life- challenges and all. But maybe if I'd known then what I know now- I wouldn't have been in such a hurry... time just goes faster every year... :dohh:

Kudos to all us wonderful Mom's... we really do rock! :flower:

I do this - I'm like where did these 4 kids come from?

I feel like this all the time!! I'm nearly 28 and only have Ben, I'd love more but need a man first!!! But I always think to myself I can't believe I'm raising a person, and being an adult by paying rent and managing my finances! It's mad.

I know exactly what you mean. I sometimes wonder how I became so grown up! Wouldn't change a thing though :0)

Sometimes when I'm doing my rounds at bedtime, tucking in blankets and moving children into 'correct' sleeping positions, I do wonder where these 3 little people came from, and wonder how the heck I'm going to cope spending the rest of my life being 'mum' to these 3 boys! That's a crazy concept.

What also weirds me out is when I stop to think that hubby and I have been together 7 and a half years, and next week it's our 6th anniversary. In that time we've moved house twice, had 3 babies, got ourselves 5 cars (obviously not all that the same time), seen 3 relatives pass away and have had no end of injuries, illnesses, holidays and excitement........and yet it feels like 5 minutes and when I look at him I'm 22, and stood by the side of a lake trying to put on a wetsuit while he stands and laughs at me! (We met on a SCUBA course! lol) I still get that rush of blood to the head.......must be love eh?! lol :cloud9:

HeHe- hubby and I just celebrated our 6yr anniversary (together 8yrs this July!!!)- it does just feel like yesterday I was at my cousins wedding (who's 10yrs younger than me!) wondering if I'd EVER meet a decent guy?!?!?... then a week later he found me and that was it... ;)

I always think I'm one of those "fake adults" iykwim..I mean yeah I have children and responsibilitlies but surely I'm not a grown up? I then remember I'm constantly tired which is the number one symptom of being an adult.. :haha:

I think back over our relationship too.. Especially now as Friday is our 7 year anniversary and it Seems weird That 7 year's ago I was sheepishly flirting with him in Lloyds and him calling Me out on it!

I stopped counting my age after I gave birth on my 2nd child. Seems to me that everything happened just yesterday. Seeing my kids grow and playing with them makes me feel yeah Im a strong woman and im still in my teen years. LOL! Time flies so fast.

I need to remind myself every so often that yeah, that little person in there is completely reliant on ME for the foreseeable future!! I still get freaked out sometimes when he shouts 'Muuuuuummmm' I'm like oh that's me!! :haha: As pp said, sometimes I feel like a total fake adult (and I'm no spring chicken :lol:)

You don't have to ask that kind of question. Having kids is a blessing. You might be forgetting the fact that you have children already but just don't forget to limit yourself on everything and carry them in every way you have planned your life. Enjoy life, God Bless

You don't have to ask that kind of question. Having kids is a blessing. You might be forgetting the fact that you have children already but just don't forget to limit yourself on everything and carry them in every way you have planned your life. Enjoy life, God Bless

Huh? Sorry... you have me confused.

I'm not literally asking-- I absolutely adore my life and cherish my kids. I just find it interesting that life has finally gotten here... after all I've been through. It's surreal sometimes... all in good ways though.

I feel this way too, I remember being a kid and impatiently waiting to grow up and now time is just flying. Somewhere along the way I became an adult and had two amazing kids who seem to be growing up way too fast already.

Ah I was wondering if that feeling ever wore off, not anytime soon then :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->