I'm a mommy to a beautiful baby boy

jogami

Reaction score
I never thought I'd reach the stage where I could post my birth story and here I am! After 9 long months, many prayers, concerns and stress along the way; nothing in the world could have prepared me for the immense love and wonder I have for this life we created :cloud9:

So because DH is working away I couldn't risk him missing the birth of his firstborn we decided on a csec. Also, the doctor later confirmed that I would not be able to deliver naturally due to baby's positioning. I prayed that my boy would wait for his daddy to arrive (as he got here 2 days before the scheduled csec) - and he did! He is my champion.

We went in to the hospital at 9am to be prepped. The nurses and staff at Park Lane Hospital are magnificent! I filled in all the forms and then we went up to the general maternity ward where I would be staying after delivery. The nurses hooked me up to a monitor and baby's heart was beating a beautiful 134 bpm's (at that second I looked up!). A drip was inserted and a catheter too. When time rolled around to be wheeled in to L&D I got really nervous!!! EEK! We arrived there at about 10:40am and waited for the doctor to arrive. DH scrubbed up then I was wheeled in. I thought I would faint from fear (of the unknown).

The anaesthesist came in and told me to sit on the theatre chair and lean forward. He inserted the spinal block and then I was told to lay on my back. The nurse then painted my tummy with a brown syrupie kind of a cream?! and a plastic sheet was put on. My ObGyn then came in and asked me how I was feeling and I thought I'd faint from nerves. But I put on a brave face and said I was great! LOL

He then asked if I felt my hands and I said yes and he asked if I could move my feet and I couldn't (only thing I didn't like about the cesar!). He then told me that I would feel a bit of tugging but no pain at all. I froze. He then asked if I felt anything and I said "No have you started yet?" To which he replied "You're open and baby is ready to be delivered". I thought "WHAT????" LOL I stressed for nothing!

So after being wheeled in to theatre at 11:22am my little man entered this world at 11H31, weighing in at 3.2 kg's exactly and 49 cm's tall!

He is absolutely magical and we feel so very blessed he chose us to be his parents :cloud9:

I was wheeled back into the waiting room and baby was put to my breast. I was alert and felt great. When we got back into the gen ward I was left with DH and baby and after about an hour I regained all feeling in my legs. I got up straight away and walked to the bathroom. I was in hospital for 2 nights and 3 days, showered the last two days and am home now with my bundle and my hubby. I am doing great and harldy feel any pain at all. I even forget I had a csec. I'm going in on Tuesday to have the stitches removed and I can honestly say it was the best thing we could have done. I was prepared mentally and physically, and best of all my husband has the full two weeks he was allowed home to be totally focused on us.

As I write this he has Luca on his tummy and I catch him lifting the blanket and looking at his feet, hands and every inch. "What are you looking at?", I ask. "Perfection" he replies *sigh* My beautiful men!

So this is how Luca-Miguel Santana Correia arrived into the world!

Attachments

• DSCN0497.jpg
    DSCN0497.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0567.jpg
    IMG_0567.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 29102010483.jpg
    29102010483.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 38
so glad you enjoyed your birth, he is beautiful. congratulations! xx

Oh hunnie love the back shot of him all that hair and a cute little bum lol his just beautiful hunnie well done you must be so proud :) xx

Oh hunnie love the back shot of him all that hair and a cute little bum lol his just beautiful hunnie well done you must be so proud :) xx

Aw thanks so much hun your comment really made my day :flower:

Your little girl is so adorable too, babies are angels sent to us really!

We are just so in awe with this little life...

Thanks for the lovely words xxx

Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing :)

Congratulations! He looks lovely :flower: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->