I'm a terrible mum

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
I'm so stupid, call myself a mother. I only went and forgot to take Oliver for his 1st immunisations yesterday! I feel terrible. How can i be so irresponsible and forget something so important. I really cannot believe i've done that. I'm usually so organised- i rarely forget anything especially appointments. I guess thats what too many sleepless nights and constant worrying does to me. And havin to remember everything myself. I knew i had the appointment on the 29th-I just didnt realise the 29th was yesterday! Have to wait for a another appointment now. Felt like such a bad mum when i rang the surgery and said i forgot his injections. The receptionist was like 'you forgot? riiiiite' x

You are definitely not a terrible mother!
:hugs:
Huni, anyone can forget anything at anytime and the fact that you have a two month old baby gives you more excuse than anyone! Don't be so harsh on yourself, it was only a mistake and everyone makes mistakes. Nothing's going to happen to Oliver just because he has his immunisations a little bit later. If you're usually really organised it just proves how great you normally are!
Forget about it hun, could happen to anyone
Hope Oliver's feeling better, and yourself.
xx

Thanks hun, I know its not the end of the world, but cant help but feel guilty and like people are judging you. Maybe just paranoid lol. How are you doin chick? Hope James is still on the road to recovery, i'm so happy for the 3 of you :) x

Oh hun!! Your NOT a terrible mum!! Like you said, youve had a lot of sleepless nights and stress!! It'll be fine, they'll get it all sorted for you hun! dont worry!! And DONT blame yourself!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Oh Sammi don't let them make you feel like that.

You're doing a great job with your son, its alot to take in adapting to being a 1st time mummy and somethings we are bound to miss... but aslong as you can get him in for more there is no great worry hun

I have had to buy a diary to keep me up to date with my plans but then I even forget what day it is sometimes.

Ive found it so difficult keeping track of the day and date since leaving work it all just blurs into one.

x

Thanks hun, I know its not the end of the world, but cant help but feel guilty and like people are judging you. Maybe just paranoid lol. How are you doin chick? Hope James is still on the road to recovery, i'm so happy for the 3 of you :) x

Nobody's judgeing you and if they are then F*** them!! lol Silly people. You are doing great. I know my mum used to say that when she had Liam that she was doing absolutely everything wrong and would never be allowed to have more kids!! lol Needless to say it wasn't true!
I'm good thank you hun and James is making progress. It's slow which is frustrating him but he's doing really well so at least one of us is happy about it! lol
xx

You are not a terrible mum, you are human. You are doing everything by yourself, your sweet baby has been having horrible problems eating, and not sleeping. Everyone forgets!!

I would not be interested at all what the receptionist says or thinks!

I moved the appoinment for Juleikas immunisations for a week later as we had something else going on two days after and I wanted and needed her to be well on this day.

I was very glad I had moved this appointment by one week as then she was already one week older, bigger and stronger!
I am sure they give the same dose to every baby regardless the baby's weight and Juleika is a small baby (no wonder, OH and me are dwarfs!).

I am sure everybody with a two month old forgets stuff, me included :hi:

no worries, you are not alone :hi: :hi: :hi:

I felt the same when I forgot to take Bethanie to her art class id booked for her, i've forgotten twice actually! - I know thats no way near as important as Immunisations, but both are easily done. Im sure it's just that you have so much on your mind caring for him. Don't listen to those receptionists, most of them have a huge pole which needs removing from their ass anyway (from my experience).

Just re-book, sure it's not a problem. :)

Stop being so tough on yourself. EVERYONE forgets things. I have 3 small children and need a large diary to put everything down in, If I don't put it in the diary you can guarantee I will forget:dohh:

You are not a terrible mum hun! These things happen and we're only human. Sleepless nights do not make for easy days and it's not a shocker that someone surviving off of minimal sleep would forget something. As long as you made an appointment to get them done soon. Wishing you all the best hun, stay positive, you're doing just fine!

You are not a terrible mother! You're tired (very very common in new moms) and it must be so hard to remember everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->