Im about too order...

Zarababy1

4 boys. TTC #5
Reaction score
sooo exited!!!.......

1 x bumGenius One-Size Stuffable Nappy 3.0 (includes 2 microfibre inserts)

1 x Bambinex One-Size Nappy Wrap

1 x Tots Bots Flexi Tot -Bamboo Fitted Nappy with Aplix fastening

1 x Bambinex Fitted Teddy Nappy

1 x Itti Bitti D'Lish Snap All in One Nappy

1 x Roll of flushable paper liners

1 x bumGenius 3.0

1 x Wonderoos

1 x Fuzzi Bunz One-Size

2 x mesh bags

1 x Nappie bucket

1 x Wet Nappie bag

wooop....anyway...thats just a start see how i get on with it? iv got load of sposies left ATM so i thought that was a nice mix of diffrent types plus a few i like the look of theres some i can use for both boys there and some i can only use for harry, If i like them i'll buy charlie his very own too! but im hoping too get on well with the one size ones, but we'll see! anyway ladies...how does my starter stash sound? and is there anything iv forgoten? remeber im new too this!!!

:thumbup:
sounds good.

remember to pre-wash before use. Also some of the nappies will take a few washes to build up their absorbency so you may get a few leaks initially, and i would use you sposies at night till your confident they absorbing well. material like bamboo need around 8 washes before they're at their best - don't keep washing clean nappies though, use them and re-wash them. you might not get a full wear time out of them initially.
:thumbup: enjoy!

well theres somthing i didnt know! thanks hun! i think with both boys i'll keep using sposies on a night then as i get used too them move harry too cloth but keep charlie in sposies because hes a really heavy wetter on a night normaly leaks through sposies 9 times out of 10!

if your older one is a really heavy wetter the organic flips are really absorbent and they're 0-potty too.

ooo yeah i seen them! shall maybe have to add one in there :) thank youuu

Looks like a good selection to me. You'll have to post pics when you get them! If Charlie leaks through sposies overnight, you could put one of the wraps over the top of a sposie... might keep his clothes dry.

pictures when they arrive are a requirement!
Ive found reusables are soooo much better for leaking than disposables. I wish Id found them when my 5yr old was little as he used to leak almost every night and at least once during the day regardless of what brand of nappy I put him in, all the washing I could have saved! As Rachel says try putting a wrap over his sposie for now, that should stop it leaking all over his clothes/bed, excellent!

it does tickle me when i read in the baby club section just how many people accept leaking nappies as a normal part of their day.

i very rarely get leaks, i've never had an up the back explosion in a cloth nappy, if anything i might get light seepage of runny poop around the leg elastic - and thats only since he's gotten more active as the nappy moves more.

have you thought about using reusable wipes??? if you're using nappies it makes absolutely no difference to your wash load and they are so much nicer than sposies :D

i did think about it yea! we spend a fortune on wipes so i guess thats an idea! no idea were too start with them tho!

I worked out how much I would have spent on wipes and sposies the other day and was amazed that I would have spent about half as much as the nappies on wipes (I do use loads for poo though). It's definitely a huge money saver! My fave wipes are weenotions ones - fleece on one side, velour on the other, but I also have some plain cream terry and fleece ones that are great too, think I got them from babykind.co.uk.

Right....this might end up being an information overload (i have a wipe fetishLOL)

so....................

the best place to start is some plain wash cloths (the kind you use to wash your face) these are great for poo and not too expensive ... you can probs pick them up from the pound shop or a market or something....or if you have a sewing machine and an old towel get cutting and sewing! these make great poo wipes :thumbup:

as for bought ones.....

Mothercare do Bumgenius wipes I think they are about £6 for 12 wipes..they are organic egyptian cotton and soo soft and yummy :) ...i bought mine atleast 6 months ago and mine are still as soft and scrummy as they were the day i bought them :D

Weenotions are also LUSH!!! (i have bamboo velour on one side and Ltd edition cotton print on the other :) soo pretty and work really well (tho they are just a little bit small)

Ellas House are also lovely (tho if just a little less well wearing - mine have bobbled a bit) but a bit bigger than Weenotions and they are lovely and thick :D the only thing is you cant choose which ones you want (i think) you just get an assorment!

Lots of ladies use Cheeky wipes - i wouldnt dream of paying that price for what you get IMO ....tho might be worth a look

also you can pick up fleece wipes cheaply on Ebay but i'm not keen on the look of them, i think some ladies have them tho ?

As for solutions etc...most of the time i just use water now, but you can use a made up solution of water baby wash tea tree oil and olive oil ......

HTH's ?? any specific Q's ??

oh wow thanks!...cloths now that is somthing i do often use on charlies bum! If he gets sore wipes are just too much for him, he normaly gets sore when he has the runs - normaly thanks too antibiotics! poor kids always getting ear infections! anyway i looked at these ones https://www.fill-your-pants.com/product/118/75/cheeky-wipes--washable-wipes-kit almost added them to my order but left it, i'll have to have a look around!

I got my wipes from babykind, this bundle:

https://www.babykind.co.uk/wipesstarterkit.htm

The wipes are ok, could probably have made them cheaply myself but the soap bits are fab (you can buy them seperately). You got a little box full and i only use half of one in a small spray bottle with some warm water and it lasts all week. They smell gorgeous and work miracles on nappy rash because of the tea tree in them. I can see our box lasting us ages and thats with sharing them with my sister :happydance:

WOW Your stash is going to be quite impressive :D cant wait to see pics :D i'm going to post some pics tomorrow as i'm new to them too :D

TBH i think the cheeky wipes kit is a bit of a rip off....you could buy the stuff in them seperately for much cheaper!!

thanks ladies! i had no idea wat was a good price or not so kinda glad i dint go for them! think i'll be having to have a look around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->