I'm at my wits end!

Peanutt

Reaction score
I've been living at my inlaws for the past two months because we're in the middle of moving out of state.
DH moved to his position in late May and I'm still here waiting to close on our new house the first week of August so I can leave.
My father in law just had both knees replaced so everyone is stressed out about that though he's doing well.
I've had morning sickness since 5 weeks and tomorrow I'll be 11 weeks (carrying twins!) and still have it bad enough that it takes medication for me to be able to eat. Even then it's a chore.
I feel like I should be more help but I'm sick as a dog.
I'm losing weight instead of gaining.
I miss enjoying food.
I want to see my friends one last time, but I'm too sick.
My inlaws are nice people but I've just felt in the way the whole time. I haven't really felt welcomed. My mother in law didn't have morning sickness and hasn't an ounce of empathy for me.
I watch my mother in law dote on my father in law and just wish I had someone to help me. I have to make my own meals and wash up afterwards and I'm so tired, nothing seems good and the smell of food cooking is awful to me. I honestly need help but there is none.
I miss my DH.

I'm getting depressed though I should be really happy I'm pregnant. But I've been so miserably sick and tired. :(

:hugs: First trimester can be really tough and I can imagine how miserable it must be when you're basically on your own with it. I'm very lucky to have my DH look after me and our two kids on bad days (at least when he's not at work) and I'm still miserable. We've had a few losses in the past and because of that don't tell our families until 12 weeks now, so I've also spent quite a lot of time hiding my first tri misery. During my last pregnancy, I stayed at my parents' for a week with both older kids and I have no idea how I got through it without any support (since no-one knew). So your MIL might not understand but you have my fullest sympathy. Try to focus on August and being able to be with your DH. Do your friends know? Could you go and see one of them every now and again and just use the opportunity to whine and have someone care? I know that helps me a lot but it takes a certain type of friend of course. Failing that, just whine at us here. Most people here will understand exactly where you're coming from. I hope things get easier for you soon!

Aww totally understandable! You are pregnant with twins and DESERVE to be taken care of. I hope you are back with DH soon and get the TLC you need and deserve.

Sorry to hear you are struggling. First trimester is a really hard time. I can relate to you in a lot of how you are feelings. Sickness especially as I have felt the symptoms much more intense this pregnancy compared to last time. I felt horrible yesterday and I just started a vacation with tons of people from my hometown wanting to get together with me and I'm anxious just thinking about it cause of how I'm feeling. Half of them don't even know I'm pregnant yet. Not sure how this is all gonna go as i never know how I'm gonna feel from day to day. Hoping these symptoms resolve soon since the placenta should be kicking in and the hormones should start decreasing. I'm guessing it's harder for your with twins, but I'm guessing better weeks can't be far for you either. Good luck and hang in there! :hugs:

First tri is gross.
The added pressures of not being normal and comfortable make everything 100% worse, so I sympathise xx

I would take two third tris over one first any day, and I've only had single pregnancies! Nothing but sympathy for you :hugs:

Thank you ladies so much. I don't really have anyone I can complain and get all of this off my chest. I'm doing better just with how supportive you all have been. I can't thank you enough!

So sorry you're having a rough time and missing your DH. The first trimester is completely miserable and it's almost impossible to get through without being doted on. You are so strong for handling it as well as you are. Not long to go before you are with DH again.

With my son, I had morning sickness throughout my entire pregnancy. I was given Zofran which they don't prescribe anymore apparently. But I feel your pain. It was really tough. I am currently 10 weeks with this baby and my morning sickness has finally started to subside. My insurance won't cover Diclegic or whatever it is called and I don't feel comfortable with taking promethazine. What has saved me is the crockpot. Try prepping a few crockpot meals in large freezer bags and then dumping them in the morning. This will get you some relief from the smell of having to cook at dinner as well as maybe make your family feel as if you are contributing. Here is one of my favorite recipes right now:
Five potatoes diced and peeled OR 1 large bag of frozen diced hashbrowns
1 16 oz carton of chicken broth
8 oz of cream cheese
Bacon bits to taste
Cheese to taste

Dump the chicken broth and potatoes into the crock pot, cook on low for 5-6 hours. Add the cream cheese about 30 minutes before serving along with as much cheese and bacon as you'd like. This sits well on an upset stomach and doesn't have a strong smell. Saved me. Hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->