I'm back! And I have an OPK ?

AriesMom07

Expecting # 2!
Reaction score
Well I had to leave earlier this year because ttc got the best of me and I just needed to back down for awhile. SO and I were already stressed out with wedding plans and alot of other financial issues but we are now MARRIED finally and things have evened out and hubs is being alot more involved and supportive this go round. Anyways I stopped the bbt's when we took our break but I still kept track of my cycles. I'm starting back up bbt's next cycle but we started around what I knew was my fertile time this weekend. I took OPKS and I'm going to post pics of the last 3 days...the last 2 look positive to me but surely a surge can't last 2 days??! We DTD all 3 days I took these tests and I'm going to test again this afternoon and maybe we'll BD again tonight just to be safe. Heres the pic

Attachments

• IMG_0750.jpg
    IMG_0750.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 13
Welcome back :) A surge can last up to 5 days. Keep on BD'ing!! Lots of sticky baby dust!! xx

So does that mean I'm not actually ovulating until the surge is OVER? Or during?

You can ovulate anywhere from the day of your positive opk (with a short surge), or up to 4 days after your last pos opk. The average being 12-24 hours after your last pos opk. If you're not charting BBT, I'd keep BD'ing until 4-5 days after your last pos opk xx

Yes some women have a long surge its normal. I have read though that if you get a long surge more often than not that you should see your doctor.. But from what I read 12-72 hours is pretty normal.

Thanks ladies! I tested again just now and got a negative well theres still a line but its lighter than the control line...not sure if by 6 tonight it will be too late to BD but we will just in case.

You can have a long surge, but I read on a couple places that most women typically ovulate 12-36 hours after the first positive....lots of conflicting info out there I guess.

Welcome back! Congrats on getting married!! :hugs: Looks like you've got a nice strong surge, I hope that means a strong eggie is coming!! Hehe.

Hi Taylor, how have you been?! Hope you're doing ok, I see that you've switched over to NTNP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->