I'm Back! *My budget friendly Christmas Journal*

Eve

Reaction score
:hi: Everyone! I see some familiar faces in here :D

I wanted to come back as I'm in need of some Christmas spirit. My husband leaves for military training in two weeks and he isn't back until right before Christmas (covid-19 permitting) so everything is up to me this year. He also has taken quite a pay cut in joining the armed forces so we are VERY LIMITED money wise this Christmas compared to what I'm used to working with.

I haven't bought a thing yet, and can't for at least another week.

How is everyone doing?

Hey, its great to see you back.
Eek, thats a lot of pressure having to prepare all alone, and fingers crossed covid doesn't get in the way of his training.
We are good here, this year hasn't been as hard on us as it has on some. We had another baby during lockdown and I was actually pretty thankful that no one could just drop in while I was feeling rough, and that DH got to be home with us for ages as we hadn't planned for him to take paternity leave.
How old are your kids now? They must be getting pretty grown up now?

Oh congratulations on the new baby! I can actually imagine it would be more of a calm environment during a lockdown like that to have a baby come home.

K is turning 11 in December, and J is 18 now! :shock: Like, I really don't know how time can go by so darn fast. It seems like yesterday they were just itty bitty.

So my list for my daughter is-

LED strip lights for her room
Wreck this Journal
Bluetooth headphones
2 cell phone cases
Flip book kit
Makeup brushes
Makeup set
Art kit
Clothing

My list for my son is-

Xbox one controller
key chain
Grooming kit for facial hair/trimmers
nail grooming kit
Xbox one controller rechargeable battery kit
Clothing

Stocking stuffers daughter-

nail polish
shampoo
deodorant
hair accessories
chocolates
candy
fuzzy socks

stocking stuffers for son-

shampoo
body wash
deodorant
tooth brush and paste
warm socks
chocolate
candy

I'm hoping to do an amazon order on the 30th but we shall see.

Welcome back Eve! :D

Sounds like our DD's have similar interests :)

Reactions: Eve
Welcome back Eve! :D

Sounds like our DD's have similar interests :)

Kayleigh also loves Roblox lol but we get her google play gift cards for that quite often so I'm not planning for any this christmas, but well, that could easily change :haha:

Welcome back, I’m a military wife too xx

I'm new to all of this and definitely not used to him being away for more than a night or two, and only maybe once a year at that. Where are you located?

I'm new to all of this and definitely not used to him being away for more than a night or two, and only maybe once a year at that. Where are you located?
We are in Wiltshire but moving to Hampshire at the end of the year, where abouts are you? My OH has been in for 17 years and I’m used to him being away a lot now, it does suck though. I’m here if you ever need to talk xx

18!! Wow it does go fast. I knew he was older than my eldest but couldn't remember by how much.

Welcome back!!

You'll have the ball rolling before you know it! Choices get so limited as they age.

We are in Wiltshire but moving to Hampshire at the end of the year, where abouts are you? My OH has been in for 17 years and I’m used to him being away a lot now, it does suck though. I’m here if you ever need to talk xx

I'm in NB Canada. He will be away for 20 weeks total just for different training. 10 of those weeks he will be 7 minutes from home but won't be allowed home. :(
Thank you!

Yeah that sucks when they can’t come home especially when they are so close x

I did an order the other day.

Some arriving tomorrow and some Friday. My kids are basically done :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->