Im confused! All mummys help!

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
My HV is now annoying the crap out of me! :hissy:

Basically like many of you know i started weaning about 3 weeks ago...i started giving him 2 meals a day and he continued having his usual four 8oz bottles...when i told my HV this she told me to offer his food first and then a bottle...1st thing in the morning my bubs likes his milk so its really not going to work...i was then advised to cut a feed...which i personally don't feel comfortable with as he loves his milk...and since yesterday i started giving him 3 meals...he is still continuing 4 8oz bottles of milk...now im getting told to give him solids first and straight after his milk!!...won't he end up getting really full on his solids!:hissy: What shall i do! I really didn't think it was that much of a big deal if my LO was having so much but the HV said he only needs 20oz! I surely can't stop my LO from having his milk if he wants it!? What shall i do? xxx

I'm not sure hun, since I started weaning Grace hasn't had as much milk. Milk doesn't fill her up properly now she is used to actual food. However if your LO is still able to drink that much and eat all his meals then by all means carry on. You will have to eventually cut down his milk feeds anyway

Ignore her!!
I always used to give milk then food

You could try 1/2 bottle then food then rest of the bottle

4 bottle is good for a 6month old, he will only take what he wants love :hugs:

Ignore her!!
I always used to give milk then food

You could try 1/2 bottle then food then rest of the bottle

4 bottle is good for a 6month old, he will only take what he wants love :hugs:

I might just try that...thanks...its just annoying because i had it all planned and then HV goes and tells me different things...its not as though he is overweight either! xxx

im confused again :rofl: i allways thought it was bottle before solids , i never ask my hv about solids any more because shes crap at giving advice she doesnt really say alot about it :hissy:

im confused again :rofl: i allways thought it was bottle before solids , i never ask my hv about solids any more because shes crap at giving advice she doesnt really say alot about it :hissy:

Thats what i don't understand...i was always told bottle before solid but now shes telling me solids before bottle...iv decided im not listening to her...:) x

just do what suits you lol. You'll find out what works best for him if you just try different things. And don't worry about his milk intake, like you said it's not like he's overweight and you're only 3 weeks in for heaven's sake!

just do what suits you lol. You'll find out what works best for him if you just try different things. And don't worry about his milk intake, like you said it's not like he's overweight and you're only 3 weeks in for heaven's sake!

You're right hun...its just sometimes you feel like your doing things wrong...its all so new to me xx

Id ignore them too. Colton is still having almost 40oz of formula day, with 3 Stage 2 meals. I agreee, 4 bottles is good, Coltons still having 5-6.

20-21oz is the minimum they should be having until they're at least 8 months (I think they should still be having at least 500-600ml a day) and that's when they're on 3 full meals a day. I'd carry on doing whatever you're most comfortable with - I still let Sam have as much milk as he wants now and he's fine :D x

My HV said to give bottles first when your first starting to wean so it dont change there routine to much , but once they have established a good solid meal routine they should be okay to eat solids first then milk..

I started feeding solids first when it was about 2 months he was eating 2 meals normally and now he will take as much milk as he wants but I usually feed solids then wait a lil bit for the food to settle then offer his bottle .

Just do what you think hun. Ive stopped asking them about ANYTHING because each one gives me a different answer and gets me ore stressed out than I was in the first place :|

Do what you feel is right, I doubt babies can get too much milk?

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->