I'm getting married! Eeek!

Smile181c

Mummy to 3!
Reaction score
I honestly had no idea BnB had a brides section!

I got engaged a couple of weeks ago to my lovely OH who I've been with for just over 4 years :cloud9:

It wasn't very romantic or anything, he asked me on the saturday morning if I wanted to go out and pick my engagement ring (eek!) so we went and brought it and then in the car on the way back I got so excited I made him propose to me there and then! :haha:

So now I'm in full out wedding planning mode :D

We're thinking of a September wedding next year...if finances etc allow :) Hopefully we'll be having a church/village hall wedding :cloud9:

I know its very premature but I have already brought my dress :blush: I knew the one I wanted anyway, so I didn't have to look very much - In the shops its just over £1000 (!) but I was having a browse on Ebay for ideas and I saw the exact dress that I wanted for......£95! Brand new! I had to buy it :happydance:

I went to a shop to try it on (not the one I ordered, but the same design) and I absolutely fell in love with it - I almost cried :haha: so now I'm just waiting for mine to arrive!

Sorry about the essay! I'll no doubt update this with my ideas etc as we go along! :) xxx

Ahh congratulations :happydance:

We are having a church/village hall wedding.

We started off with a hotel, but for the food alone it was £3000! So although we are not having a sit down meal it means our buffet is only costing £500 max, and thats ordering it from M&S.

I would still have liked a sit down meal, but I thought we can always go out for a meal with close family and friends another time.

I'd love to see your dress, I brought my dress really early, and it has worked out well, you got yourself a bargain!

:flower:

Congratulations x x x x

Look forward to hearing your plans! We are getting married next year and I am THE most unorganised bride there ever was lol!

Cant wait to see your dress!

x

Thanks guys :D

Shabutie, I couldn't believe how much hotels were trying to charge for sit down meal/rental of function room! One hotel tried to say they charged £73.50 per head! I was like no chance! Haha

I want to save as much money as I can with the wedding purely because I couldn't justify spending thousands of pounds on one day! I know how special the day is, but I just think the focus should be on what the day represents if that makes sense?

Obviously I don't mean any offence to anyone that does spends loads of money - it's all about personal taste :) I've attached a pic of my dress for you to have a look at! click me! xxx

Haha leash - I've been engaged 2 weeks and my dress is brought already! I'm too organised...from one extreme to the other! :rofl:

Dress is beautiful! Don't worry about being too organised, I had the venue, photographer, videographer and band all booked within a month :haha:

Just spend what you are comfortable with - the day will be special whether its £500 or £50, 000

xxx

Thankyou :) I'm in love with the dress :cloud9:

If Matt would help me set a proper date, I would start booking things too! haha but he's dragging his feet a little bit to slow me down :dohh:

My view exactly :) It's a special day regardless! xxx

Maybe set up some venue viewing appointments in a couple of weeks? But most of all, just enjoy the newly engaged feeling, it soon disappears with all the stress of wedding planning!

I've already viewed a couple of village halls :blush: lol in my defence I have seen both of them before, I just wanted to refresh my memory :p

I'm also going to speak to a priest on friday, just to get some info on what we need to do in order to get married there :)

:rofl: No defence needed. Oh it's all so exciting starting out planning your wedding :dance:

I know, I'm so excited about everything lol I have my wedding folder with everything I'll need to organise :D I'm a list freak :haha: and there are many lists!

I bet you're glad all the organising is over now aren't you? You're a newlyWED now instead of a newly engaged! lol xx

Ah but now you're a wife! New chapter :) lots of things to look forward to still :)

Omg your dress is stunning ... welcome to the brides section btw :hi:

Thankyou :D Cannot believe I got it for £95! Got to love Ebay :haha:

When it arrives at the end of the month I think I'll wet my self with excitement :rofl:

Have I missed the pic of your dress?? I am so dumb. where is it??

I agree on enjoying the engaged feeling btw, unfortunately for us it only lasted 3 months before we had 'OMG we are pregnant and we didnt plan it' feeling!!! Hence dress shopping is the last thing on my 'to do' list - need to shift the mummy tummy first!

I looked at tons of venues online but I knew which one I wanted straight away, we went to stay there overnight on my birthday last year and booked the same day.

x

:rofl: I love ebay too, I'm getting my bridesmaid dresses from there, and will probably get my dress too :happydance:

from your avatar pic I think it's going to suit you so much and you're going to look absolutely fantastic in it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->