I'm going to have a giant by the time she's 2.

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
Okay so at her 6 week appointment she was 25 inches long. Measured her last night, 26 1/2 inches (8 weeks tomorrow). Is that like..a normal amount of growth for 2 weeks? :shock: She just seems like she's growing length wise at an incredible rate. She's around 12lbs now according to my weigh-in with her.

That is insanely long, lol. Helena is 25" long right now and she is in the 90th percentile I believe (well she was a few weeks ago)

lol it does seem quite a bit, but she couldbe having a growth spurt. katie got a 3-6m snowsuit for xmas and it was massive on her, put her in it today and its like a glove! they dont measure the length here so i dunno how much longer she is now, but i swear she's growing so so so much atm!!

Sounds like a growth spurt but that is a long baby. Hannah was 27 inches at 4 months and she is in the 90th percentile for height (she's already in 6-9 months things and will shortly be in 9+ months clothes because of her length :dohh:) The one problem with long skinny babies is that pants tend to fall off after you move up a few sizes :rofl:

Yeah Renah's in 6 month clothes now :dohh:

That could be what all her fussing was about this past week...growing pains maybe.

Yeah I just checked my baby book for her and at 11 weeks she was 24 1/2" long. I agree with Vickie, start stockpiling bigger sleepers because Helena is fitting the 6 month ones for length.

wow you guys have tall babies, Jasmine was only 22 inches on Monday when she had her shots.. lol!!

Hannah's insanely long and skinny! Sucks because I'm already having to buy 9 months stuff :hissy:

Renah's skinny too except her cheeks but my cheeks are chubby and high cheek boned like that too so I guess she gets that from me

This is a pic of her 2 weeks before xmas...so at least another 1 1/2 inches on that now

Attachments

• renahtall.jpg
    renahtall.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 16
Here is a growth chart calculator that I found the other day-I was looking for it because the doctor never told me her percentiles and I was wondering lol

https://www.babycenter.com/baby-child-growth-percentile-calculator

she is very long-I thought Alexa was tall-she was 25 inches at 2 months!

Length = above percentile 95
Weight = between percentile 50 and 75

In the back of What To Expect The First year there's a chart and I think when I did it last night she was actually over the line. I dunno if I read it right or not though

My son was always above the 95th percentile for height and he is just now two and almost 38 inches tall. So yes, welcome to the giant club! LOL

wow you guys have tall babies, Jasmine was only 22 inches on Monday when she had her shots.. lol!!

Same as Lola at that age!
Wow,Renah's tall!

Meanwhile I'm going to have a midget. :dohh:

aww cute ! max was the same length at that age hes now 34 inches at 7 months and half :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->