I'm gonna be a student nurse...

kintenda

Reaction score
I've got a place for September to study Children's Nursing. So... TTC is on hold. It's a mutual agreement. When I found out I was super pleased but also sad as I knew realistically we'd have to delay TTC. OH came to sit next to me after a couple of hours and said that he knew how I was feeling, that I didn't have to say anything.
"I know you want us to get married and have a baby, and I want the same things. I want you to do the nursing course because you've wanted it for so long and you've had to put a lot of things back to be here with me."
I know we're doing the right thing, I can't help feeling disappointed but I'm consoling myself with the fact that I will give my LOs a great future this way. We are going to try in my final year. His bio clock has kicked in too... it's great to know he's on board. I've known for a good few months but it floored me when he started crying and saying that to me. It's a big long to go over the whole convo but basically he said that he didn't understand 6 months ago why the idea of waiting was upsetting, but now it is upsetting him that we have to wait!!

So for all those with OH's who are strugging with the idea of TTC... mine has gone from reluctant to getting very emotional over the idea of being a dad in just a year.

Soooo... I'm back in WTT. I've been quiet of late as we've been NTNP, I didn't quite feel like I fit in anywhere. I didn't catch and had another super long cycle (57 days) so I'm keeping an AF diary and am gonna go to docs in a couple of months if they stay irregular.

Good luck, with all the work ahead of you, it'll fly by! x

Aww, how sweet is your OH!?!!

And congratulations to you! I can understand you're a bit disappointed just now but this will be sooo good for you! And we get to keep you for a bit longer here in ttc. ;)

Aww hun

It will be worth the wait though

I am starting my childrens nursing in spetember too. Thats why TTC for #2 is on hold
xx

Congrats on deciding to go for it hun! We'll try to make your stay in WTT more bearable ;)

When would that put you as TTC? :hugs:

I can understand you're upset about the WTTC, but you've got a place on a child nursing course, so that's something to celebrate about! Places on those courses are as hard to get as a midwifery training place.

Congrats on getting that training place! Its sounds like you'll feel more in a TTC place once your career is sorted so enjoy your course and the time will fly by.
xxx

Hi girls, thanks for your messages. It's a great opportunity so I am looking forward to getting on with the course - I know that the places are thin on the ground at the uni I've applied to so am pleased I'm onto the course! At the mo TTC will start Oct 2012. I may or may not push it back then until end of course. It depends on how we feel. OH would like us to try then. Obv I think it'd be great then but it depends on how hard going I find the course...
However, I'm not going to be morose, just concentrate on the good things. :)

Good luck and congrats on starting the training to be a nurse! So amazing!

Kintenda, I put ttc on hold to go and do adult nursing and it was the best decision I ever made. I'm now almost qualified, pregnant and deciding between graduating this yr or completing the rest of my coursework and taking a years mat leave (I don't know where you are but in Scotland we get our bursary while on mat leave.) before doing my 14 week final placement and graduating. It has really focused me and made wtt fly in. Best of luck, it takes a special person to be a children's nurse.

Kintenda, I put ttc on hold to go and do adult nursing and it was the best decision I ever made. I'm now almost qualified, pregnant and deciding between graduating this yr or completing the rest of my coursework and taking a years mat leave (I don't know where you are but in Scotland we get our bursary while on mat leave.) before doing my 14 week final placement and graduating. It has really focused me and made wtt fly in. Best of luck, it takes a special person to be a children's nurse.

Thankyou sweets, that was an extremely helpful comment! It's so great to know you've had the same decision to make and that it's been good for you. Good luck with the rest of your training - I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you!

I am just as desperate to train and to TTC if that makes any sense. I put nursing on hold to stay in the county with OH after we'd been together a couple of months because I just knew it was the right decision... if anyone had ever said to me before that I would put something off for a man, I'd have laughed in their face. My OH is one of the kindest, funniest and generally downright nicest people you could ever wish to meet and I'm very lucky to have him. He supports me in everything. He's going to be a great dad. I definitely made the right choice and although it sounds cheesy, I can't believe my luck sometimes.
OH is gonna take the financial strain whilst I study. At the moment we are both keen to TTC asap but I will have to decide nearer the time whether I am going to go for 6 months or so career development before we TTC.
Over the last year I have gradually tried to detach myself from the near desperation I've felt about starting a family and try to look at the long term future. We could have done it the other way around but financially this'll be easier in the long run.

At least OH and I will be able to concentrate on each other, getting married etc... he took my ring size a couple of weeks back and he said that although I can't expect my ring soon, he's putting money aside seperately from his ISA and our joint account to pay for it. He said he wouldn't just want to hand over something I'm going to wear for the rest of my life, he wants to make it special. Really made me melt. I'm not in a hurry for it as I know it's on the way within the next year!!

Aww hun

It will be worth the wait though

I am starting my childrens nursing in spetember too. Thats why TTC for #2 is on hold
xx

Oooh and maybe we can help each other if we get stuck! Congratulations!

:happydance:Well done with your place? Trumpetbum are you mazza by any chance?:haha: lol soz if it isnt x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->