I'm kind of shy about this

Blue_star

First Pregnancy
Reaction score
Okay i'm 22 weeks pregnant I had to get a pap smear my first visit I HATED it. It wasn't painful i'm just very shy i'v always been very shy about my body and I have a male doctor when I requested a female one.

During prenatal care do you ever HAVE to get a breast exam or pelvic exam?? Because I think i'd feel way too uncomfortable...

I absolutely hate them too! It's routine here in NZ to have a group b strep test close to delivery, which involves them taking swabs. So you have that to get through. Sorry. It's important to have it though. xxx

In the UK they don't do anything like that as routine. No one likes getting their bits out but I promise you that after having your baby you will feel less shy about these things. Have a chat with you dr about your worries and maybe they could have a female nurse present for anything you need to have done. My male dr will always ask if I want a female present for anything like that.
I hope things go ok and it isn't too stressful for you!

i think you need to get over the fear imo. especially because you're pregnant! these tests and examinations are for your babys and your own benefit. the docs that carry out the exams have seen thousands of breasts and vaginas, no need to be embarrassed. good luck, Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->