im late in posting this, but oh well :)

krwh

husband and my little man
Reaction score
well, my little man was born november 1, 2010, so a little while back, but i thought i'd share this anyway. my labor lasted nearly four days (he was eventually born on november 1) and i was thrilled for it to be over. i went in to the hospital with labor pains that started (and stayed) as back labor, initally wanting a natural waterbirth (i had my heart set on it) only to be told i wasn't far enough along in labor to stay at the hospital. i was sent home and came back a few hours later and was admitted. i was waiting in the room that had the birthing pool in it i found out that oliver was turned around backwards and that they were waiting for him to move down far enough to make my water break and by day two, it hadn't happened yet, and they said he wasnt distressed so they were just going to wait for him to press down on my water to make it break so the whole cycle of dilating further and all that could start. i was moved to a ward to wait while they decided what to do with me...they wanted to send me home but i refused to go home because i was tired of being in labor and wanted a c-section. they refused to give me one. i was moved to a different room and given a tens machine and a bunch of pain killers. at the end of day three, they broke my water, i had of of those spinal things (cant remember what they're called, it's early morning and i cant sleep) and i was trying to push. i pushed for an hour and they said oliver's heart rate was dropping, that he'd breathed in meconium, and they said he needed to come out immediately so i signed a form for a c-section and vontouse and all that. soo, it was the fourth day now, and i was taken to surgery and they tried the vontouse and it didnt work. after a few minutes of that, they did an emergency c-section and my precious little angel came into the world :) at least next time, i can plan to have a scheduled c-section! no more spending days in labor for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->