I'm new here, NTNP, I'd love some support.

scoobydoo1820

Reaction score
Well to start off I am very happily engaged to the man of my dreams. We know what we are doing and we know the responsibilities that come with it. I would appreciate it if there were no negative comments. I am 19 working at a western wear and tack shop trying to get into a registered nursing program. He is 23 in the Marine Corps and has some college under his belt. Together not only do we make a great team but we are stable; emotionally, financially, physically... anyway you get it. In the past 4 months I have become completely baby crazed. Eat, sleep, dream, think, obsess over having a baby, becoming pregnant. It is my every thought at the moment. We normally use withdrawal, but we started talking about babies and how we wanted one so bad it hurts and we decided to NTNP. It makes me happy, but I want to be pregnant. He is 97% baby and 3% let's wait. I'm okay with waiting but I don't want to. Am I insane to be so utterly wrapped up in pregnancy and babies? I have always wanted to be a mom and now that I am in a position where I could become one, nothing else seems to matter. I'd love some advice please!

I think being a young parent would have it's advantages in terms of more energy and adaptability.

My advice would be to read through the other boards such as the pregnancy boards, baby club and toddler club. It's a good idea to know what lies ahead and you can begin to think about how you would deal with things and more importantly make sure you and your OH agree about how you want to raise a child.

It's also a good idea to start a wishlist to help you budget.

That really helps. I mean I did my share of baby sitting and the terrible twos are horrifying, but I didn't have to deal with it 24/7. I know being a mom is not going to be easy but I know it won't be the worst thing ever either. Me and my OH are on the same page when it comes to raising a child. We were raised very much alike and that helps us determine how we want our children to be raised. I will definitely take your advice! Thank you!

Sounds like you are both really excited about this and if you both are all for it- I'm def rooting you on!! i would do what the pp said... and the best advise I can give you is just prepare now in every which way right now- because it can happen sooner that you think... and there is no time like the present! ;) Good Luck luv!!!!! xxx

Well y'all I'm taking a test in the morning. I was advised by my OB to start taking prenatals (duhh) while I'm NTNP and to take a HPT every week I miss my period. My last flow was September 18-26. I stopped BC for a surgery and didn't pick in back up because I hadn't started back, which led me to NTNP. Everything happens for a reason right? So a test every week until AF comes and if not within two months they are going to have to medically start it back so I can do some baby makin' haha! Wish me luck!

Better luck next time. When I came off the pill the first time I had a long first cycle and then caught on my second cycle. So it can happen quickly even if you're cycles are a bit funny.

No worries- my cycle took almost 3 months last time - while the first time I became pregnant immediately. I was off and on BC for years. Quite honestly though- I really don't think you have anything to worry about- your cycle should get back on track in the mean time keep Bd'ing every opportunity you have luv- Im sure you will get your BFP before you know it-

Y'all are awesome! Thank you for the support! I know I'm just starting but lord knows everyone needs it.

Scooby- I'm in the same boat as you! I'm 22, engaged to my soldier. We're NTNP, just DTD around the right time. Not using OPKs or temping quite yet. But totally agree with you on the absolute obsession!!! Seriously cannot wait! However the TWW is torture!! I'm excited for you & to see how your journey continues. Best of luck to you!! Keep me updated! xx :hugs:

I'm in the same boat! I'm 21 and NTNP with my fiancé! We are really excited and this is our second cycle trying. It's incredibly frustrating being so young. Who are people to judge? I also have the overwhelming urge! I'm a nanny of four children all under the age of 6- so yes! I know the feeling!

Scooby- I'm in the same boat as you! I'm 22, engaged to my soldier. We're NTNP, just DTD around the right time. Not using OPKs or temping quite yet. But totally agree with you on the absolute obsession!!! Seriously cannot wait! However the TWW is torture!! I'm excited for you & to see how your journey continues. Best of luck to you!! Keep me updated! xx :hugs:

Well I took my weekly test again today and it was a BFN. I know I probably won't get pregnant until after my next cycle, but lord only know when it'll start again. If it doesn't start by February I have to go back to OB/GYN to get something to help me start and get back to normal with my cycles and hopefully then I will be ovulating properly. This obsession is making me crazy!

I was so worried for the month that I didn't get my period after implanon removal! I feel like the stress was delaying it even more!

I was so worried for the month that I didn't get my period after implanon removal! I feel like the stress was delaying it even more!

I have learned that you cannot judge someone's ability to be a parent by their age. It's more than that. Anyone judging me based on that is rediculous. 19 is young but not too young. I mean to think, at one point in time kids were married and had kids by 15 16 years old. And yes my stress levels are through the roof right now. I had hip surgery in sept and haven't been working since and I've been going insane. I love to work. You'd think it would bring AF but, let me see, nope not quite. Hopefully she'll come visit soon so I can get on a schedule and start really trying harder.

Hello just stopped by to show some support. My fiancé and I are too ntnp. I hope everything works out for you. I'm new as well to this board. Good luck! And don't worry about what others have to say. If your ready for a baby that's your business and no one else's. You have to do what you think is best .

When I'm overly stressed AF refuses to come until I step back and take a breather lol

Hey there:hi: your not alone, I am 20 and my husband and I are ntnp for #2. I felt like you did also, we ttc our daughter and honestly she is the best thing thats ever happened to me. When your ready you just know, so dont let anybody put you down or tell you that you are too young to be a mother, and if they do just prove them all wrong:)
Ill be tagging along here since I finally found some ladies in my age group, hope you dont mind?:thumbup:

No problem! I have ten days left until I'm suppose to get AF! I'm hoping I ovulated this month as I just got off bc in October.

No problem! I have ten days left until I'm suppose to get AF! I'm hoping I ovulated this month as I just got off bc in October.
I know I saw you post in another thread but I dont remember if you use opks or not lol:dohh:
keeping my fx'd for you though that you ovulated and caught the eggy:flower:

No opks for me! If it doesn't Happen this cycle then I'll start temping and using opks:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->