I'm new ^^ my introduction..advice is needed.

squidula

Reaction score
In advance, I apologise if this is posted in the wrong forum.

My boyfriend is really ill. He has brain damage and the doctors don't know how long he's got to live. He is my bestest friend in the whole world, I don't know how I am going to live without him.

I have done a lot of thinking, and I am deciding whether or not to have a child with him. That way, when I do lose him, I will always have a part of him with me, a part of us, and everything we shared. I know when he's gone I am going to feel so destroyed, but at least I'll have a reason to go on, to get up every morning.

To be honest, I feel like I am ready to have a child, the thought excites me, and I already can't wait to hold it in my arms. The only thing that worries me is child birth. I am 18.

I feel I am ready for the responsibilty for another life in mine, I'm concerned that if I don't do it, and when he's gone, I'll really regret it.

What do you think? Any advice/suggestions would really be appreciated. I understand that I could be very confused at the moment, but I really don't know what else to do.

Really sorry.. I honestly don't know what to say hun! Just didn't want to read and run.
:hugs:

Welcome to BnB! I'm sure someone will have some more insight for you

Welcome to BnB.
I'm so sorry about your BF :hugs:
How long have you been together? Have you mentioned your idea to anyone else? How would you do it if he is too ill?

i don't no what to say, can't imagine what you're going through :hugs: x

Welcome to BnB.
It must be a tough situation to go through and I am sorry to hear about it.

Hi :hi: Welcome to BnB!
I'm sorry for what you're going through. :hugs:

:hi: Welcome! and i think the best thing you can do for your self is to go see a therapist and talk to them about this! they can help you decide if you are doing this for the right reasons which i think you are unsure of! you want to have the best chance at all of this working out and make sure that you are making the right choice for your baby to! i hope you fine some great girls in these forums to talk to and get advice and support! feel free to pm me if you ever need to chat!

Welcome!

I am sorry to hear about your boyfriend, I can only imagine what you are going through.
I think it is a difficult decision to make, but you have to ask yourself some questions: Would you be able to raise a child on your own? Would you be able to deal with your emotions well enough to take care of your child if your boyfriend passed on? Are you financially stable enough to raise a child on your own? It is a very tough situation-you must also realize that with a child, it may also be hard to maintain relationships with friends, as well it may be hard to get into a new relationship with another guy later on down the road, because at your age, a lot of guys are not looking to settle with a child, if you know what I mean. I think that you should discuss this with your boyfriend, your parents, and perhaps his parents as well. I wish you the best in the future, and may you live with your boyfriend to the fullest while he is here. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->