I'm new on here and would like to share my story.

I am so sorry for your loss. I too have been through similar with a 16 week loss. I was induced too and decided that I didn't want to see the baby after delivery. I just knew that it would be too hard for me and too traumatic. I have this image in my mind of this beautiful little perfect baby and I just want to keep it that way. I know the feeling of guilt, but it really is ok. You have to do whatever seems right for you. No-one else can tell you otherwise and just wanted to offer lots of love.

It seems like you have had some help and encouraging words along the way. I lost my baby girl September of 2009, (I was20 weeks)I have had a second m/c since then. We decided to stop trying and to get our lives back on track. I too have two healthy boys with no problems durning their preg. After my second loss my doctor did blood work on me, and it turns out I have something called MTHFR. We decided to see our daughter and kept her in the room with us for awhile. We had her cremated and she sits on our tv stand. People say it gets easier and I suppose it does. It took me almost a year before I would hold another baby or buy baby clothes. Her due date was hard, but leading up to her first "birthday" or the day I delivered her was the hardest. I still find myself sad at times when I think of her and how old she would be. I don't think about her every second of every day anymore, so I guess it does get better as time goes on. This website has helped me a lot. Good luck and I will keep you in my prayers.

:hugs: im so sorry for the loss of ur baby, i hope the coming days are gentle n u and ur family :hugs:

Hi, I didn't want to read and run.
I am so sorry for your loss! I don't exactly know how ur feeling but I have had losses at 6 weeks and 12 weeks.
I hope you are taking care of yourself, xxx

So sorry for your loss hun xxx

:hugs::hugs::hugs:
Your Story brings tears to my eyes, you have managed to convey the pain in this. Its sad but beautifully written.
I thought I had commented before but I think I pm'd you instead. There are some things where words just can not say.
I hope you are as ok as can be under circumstances xxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

So very sorry for your loss.

I often too felt like it was happening to someone else - and was amazingly calm at points that really I feel I shouldn't have been. Our son was 27 weeks gestation and lived for 4 hours, we did see and hold him but I had alot of guilt about the fact that I didn't hold him enough, take enough photos etc... I know now that this is part of the grieving process, you will not find one mum who has lost a baby (whatever stage) that does not have some guilt about something - and it is always misplaced, and part of grief.

Looking back on it now (our son died in may 09) I can now honestly say we made the decsions that were right at the time. I knew from 20.6 weeks when my waters went that there was a huge chance our baby wouldn't make it but I was not prepared (like you at the end everything happend amazingly quickly). No one ever plans for this - we do the best we can at the time.

Please give yourself time and please do not feel guilty - you have NOTHING to feel guilty about.

Thankyou for all your lovely comments - it seems so long ago that I started this thread.
Its just over 8 weeks now, but it still hurts everyday. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->