Im not much of a cook

littleblonde

kacey and sophie
Reaction score
Although now the girls are more settled and do intend to start to teach myself.

But meanwhile i am having ready meals for my main meal most days and adding lots of veg. At least ready meals which i no arnt great for me but they are teaching me portion control. So today im having

Specail k and skimmed milk for breakfast

Veg stir fry with chicken for lunch

ww chicken hotpot and veg and a small garlic bread slice for tea (only really having the bread to give me more calories)

then for snacks im gonna have

2 oranges
2 apples
1 yoghurt

I drink just water so no calories there.

With all of this im still around 299 calories short and thats before any exercise i plan on doing.

Im worried that by not getting the calories in im gonna end up not losing weight.

I cant eat nuts so can have them.

On other days i may have a brown bread sandwich for lunch, or brown bread and beans , or a small jacket potato and beans and salad or a chicken salad.

So first of all what should i change in it (apart from the ready meals)?

What can i add to it thats good calories?

And is there any good websites that have easy to cook meals that i can learn to make from scratch like veg soups/stews ect. ?

Help me please xx

according to mfp i have gone over by about 33 on my protein is that bad? Im under on calories 291 ( and intend to exercise so there will be more) im under 37 on carbs and 27 on fats

i just need to eat more good calories but i dont no how . All of this is fulling me up as well.

This where even small portions eating more regular do benefit easier at hitting calorie target.

Can you eat seeeds? have you look into graze boxes?

Wholegrain pasta/rice is good bulking up calories.

Snacks probably need be higher calories too.

Mfp protein is set way to low! i try get 100g a day or its 1g for every 2lb of body weight i think

Add in some lowfat cheese with your snacks. It's a good source of calcium and protein and usually has about 80 calories per ounce.

thank you both. No i cant eat seeds either. So im stuck there. would love some more savory snack ideas as well.

here is a WW cheese ball recipe that I really like for snacks. It's good with carrot sticks or whole wheat crackers

Ingredients:

3/4 cups shredded low fat sharp cheddar cheese
3/4 no salt added, reduced fat (2%) cottage cheese
1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard (we left this out)
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, cut into quarters, at room temperature
1 (.9 ounce) package dry vegetable soup/recipe mix
1/2 cup chopped parsley

Directions:

In a food processor, pulse the cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, mustard, and cayenne until very smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the cream cheese and soup mix; process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Scrape with a spatula onto a large sheet of plastic wrap.

Wrap the plastic around the cheese mixture and shape it into a 4 inch ball or a 7 inch long log with your hands. Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours or overnight.

Just before serving, sprinkle about half of the chopped parsley in a circle onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Unwrap the cheese ball or log and place on the parsley. Sprinkle the remaining parsley on top and press to help the leaves adhere. Carefully roll any uncoated areas into the loose parsley, and smooth the shape if needed. Place on a serving plate and surround with cut up vegetables of your choice.

per serving (2 tablespoons) 42 calories, 1 g fat, 0 g Fiber

1 point per serving

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"